Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you agree with diving to con the ref?

Do you think Diving Is acceptable to gain a Penno or Free kick?

• Total voters

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nope. Cheating is cheating, including when it's explained away as a player exaggerating the foul to 'help point it out' to the ref.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't agree with a dive that is not a foul and designed to con the ref but I do agree with a player who is fouled accentuating the foul by going down to ensure the ref sees it and gives it. I think that is fair and just.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't agree with a dive that is not a foul and designed to con the ref but I do agree with a player who is fouled accentuating the foul by going down to ensure the ref sees it and gives it. I think that is fair and just.
Except it's not a foul until the ref has actually given it. If it was a genuine foul then the ref will/should whistle regardless of the reaction of the fouled player. If they have to fling themselves about and whine a little bit to get it then I would suggest it was barely worth mentioning in the first place.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I could be wrong but I think the A league used to punnish players retrospectively for diving but they stopped doing it after only a month or so. Should be done IMO. Terrible part of the game that people have become accustom to and now try and justify it.

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
Anything that can be given marks for artistic interpretation should be penalised - Robben would get a 7.8 from me. It's cheating, nothing less.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would rather lose decently than cheat to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here