Votes: 123 43.0%
  • No - Premiership doesn't interest me

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No - too expensive

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Prem ASAP, of course. Why would any fan not want their team to be promoted / play at the highest level possible?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd love us to go up, because it would mean that we have had a great season in the Championship.

I'm not convinced that prices would rise astronomically for STH. At Hull for example you can get a ST for £395-405, West Brom £349, Stoke and Sunderland £400, Newcastle £378, Cardiff £379, Villa £325 and City (although there are conditions attached) £299. With £60 millon guaranteed from TV revenues, clubs don't have to fleece the fans.

Palace stuck their's 20% up to £490, but that seems to be the exception.

I was fortunate enough to be around during our first tenure in the top flight, and the novelty does wear off quite quickly, as was evidenced by the fall in attendances in the 2nd & subsequent seasons.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes, as soon as, to allow TB to recoup some of his investment and secure our future. TBH I prefer the cut and thrust and "uncertainty" of the Championship, it's much more competitive, but as time passes the gap between the haves (Prem) and have nots (the rest) is only going to get wider and getting up is going to be increasingly difficult.

Not sure what the future can be for clubs outside the Premiership but getting there, and staying there, has to be a priority I would have thought

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I agree with a lot of this. As much as I hate to see us lose, just imagine a backs-to-the-wall performance against, say, Man City and grabbing an injury time winner from a corner.

Now you are just being silly.

We never score from corners.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'd love us to go up, because it would mean that we have had a great season in the Championship.

I'm not convinced that prices would rise astronomically for STH. At Hull for example you can get a ST for £395-405, West Brom £349, Stoke and Sunderland £400, Newcastle £378, Cardiff £379, Villa £325 and City (although there are conditions attached) £299. With £60 millon guaranteed from TV revenues, clubs don't have to fleece the fans.

Didn't Southampton and QPR really hike up there prices? It seems the southern clubs are the main culprits at whacking up the prices. As you say Palace raised there's by 20%

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I was fortunate enough to be around during our first tenure in the top flight, and the novelty does wear off quite quickly, as was evidenced by the fall in attendances in the 2nd & subsequent seasons.

Can't help but notice you listed almost entirely northern sides. Ours will go up more, no question.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think that would be different this time. The demographic of our fans has changed a bit and football is a different game now. And personally, I think we need to go up next season at the latest or crowds will start dwindling. I think we will though.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm in two minds on this and I've heard a lot of fans voice similar views.

On the one hand, obviously the glory of going up, playing the big teams, seeing your team at some great grounds.

But the downside:

Season tickets will be more expensive, for less games.
Away games will be incredibly more expensive
We may lose a lot more than we win

Don't see the point of not wanting ur team to win promotion regardless of the league - so a resounding as soon as possible for me!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Eventually yes it'd be nice to see us have a go in the big league, but for the time being I'm more than happy seeing us competing at the top end of the Championship and avoiding the circus that is the Premier League, so in no rush.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
While I can see that matchday prices may be more expensive,the chance to play in that league and reap the massive financial benefits must be worth going for.It could set the club on a fantastic financial footing if used wisely. I think we have seen enough evidence that the club would do that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I want to see us be as successful as possible, what fan wouldn't? It will be expensive though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted next five years, but would accept this season. Just not being impatient.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The answer has to be yes, though when you watch the Premiership you know we couldn't cope with it without Mr Bloom spending HIS money for US. It would almost certainly end in relegation, though the parachute money might allow further improvement. After all, there are other old third south teams in and near the Premier League, so why not ? After the wilderness years we are playing catch up and will possibly never make the top rank of clubs - the real biggies- but if we cannot match the next rank of teams that WOULD be disappointing.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Indeed, US. But I'd add in a 'whilst remaining sustainable' after your 'Premiership as soon as possible' line.

I don't get this idea of going up for one season, pocketing the cash and coming back down. The whole set up now should be geared to being a sustainable PL club.

As for the PL being too expensive, I didn't march for Falmer, sign petitions and throw my loose change in a bucket for us to be playing in the championship against Yeovil. No offense to Yeovil. I wanted to see us at the top table being competitive and building each year in the PL against the best of the best.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes ASAP of course but only on a sustainable model. We have the fundamentals right and few clubs can boast that, it is only a matter of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here