Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do What You Likies

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The trick is to not let them in your pub! Once you let one in and serve them your buggered! Police will never intervene, their attitude is if you served them, you deal with them. If you refuse service, and they still won’t leave the police have to deal with it they are technically trespassing once the DPS refuses service and asks them to leave. Just NEVER EVER serve them!

I’ve had my fair share of attempted invasions in the past, it’s not nice. Now I can tell them a mile off!

I’ll let the 20 year old bar maid earning £10 an hour on a quiet Thursday night know that the 20 travellers that turn up and start helping themselves to drinks that she should have thrown them out

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They rocked up on a green in Kew recently the residents weren’t happy at all. They all got pissed in a pub at the top of Kew bridge which escalated into a mass brawl around 2am in the morning.

Jul 7, 2003
It seems to me that a legal framework this complicated is recipe for chaos.

https://www.gypsy-traveller.org/pdfs/The_law_relating_to.pdf

Current laws were set in 2015:

https://assets.publishing.service.g...egal_and_unauthorised_encampments_-_final.pdf

Still too complicated.

Unfortunately it is almost inescapable that there will be a need for a precise legal definition of 'nuisance', 'encampment', 'rubbish', 'shelter', 'temporary' etc. etc.

I can't offer any solutions. This seems to work well, though:

View attachment 151470
View attachment 151471

Just wait - they have them all along the seafront at Goring but it didn't stop the caravan club though as they just used their collection of power tools to remove the obstacles.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’ll let the 20 year old bar maid earning £10 an hour on a quiet Thursday night know that the 20 travellers that turn up and start helping themselves to drinks that she should have thrown them out

A twenty year old shouldn’t be working alone unless she’s a license holder to be honest. I’d never leave someone working alone, unless they’re a fully trained PL holder. A DPS has a duty of protection to their team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just wait - they have them all along the seafront at Goring but it didn't stop the caravan club though as they just used their collection of power tools to remove the obstacles.

Not just a collection of "acquired" power tools, but the odd mini JCB digger I have seen, the type they use for digging your drive up before laying some stolen shingle.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
You rarely hear of arrests and punishment. Appears that the Councils have forced the Police and CPS to compromise with them “if they move on after a few days”; yet the law abiding Council Tax payers have to pick up the mess and pay for it.
Police and council playing pass the parcel.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite a depressing thread.

You could easily lump all football supporters together. The reality being that criminality by football supporters is higher, but I thought be were over thinking anyone who supports football is scum.

As for "DNA" a sizeable number of us will have within us. I know I do.

Our old family business experienced criminality from travellers in the past, but it did from others as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would never answer my door to anyone I wasn’t expecting these days. Nothing good can come of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trick is to not let them in your pub! Once you let one in and serve them your buggered! Police will never intervene, their attitude is if you served them, you deal with them. If you refuse service, and they still won’t leave the police have to deal with it they are technically trespassing once the DPS refuses service and asks them to leave. Just NEVER EVER serve them!

I’ve had my fair share of attempted invasions in the past, it’s not nice. Now I can tell them a mile off!

:nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No arrests made [emoji849] police were literally outside some of these pubs when it was going on. Lovely stuff

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One was a Wetherspoons. Did anyone notice any difference?

I couldn’t find the ‘smashed up’ evidence in the Argus article but a table seems to have some (naughts and crosses) graffiti on it plus there are some empty cans and dairylea dunkers packets to clear up.

However, people have clearly shat in sinks and pissed on the floor. This is animal like behaviour. I imagine that all the staff were possibly intimidated and threatened too. Awful stuff. Did they target venues without door staff I wonder?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting that you are the first person to make this statement on this thread.

I think the issue here is one for the police who enforce the laws and the government who make the laws.

We have had 12 years of conservative rule. If this is what is happening now then this is the result of their governance and nothing else.

As a labour member I have nothing to say that is positive on behalf of people who camp illegally, conduct criminal activity and leave a place like a shit hole. I would be astonished if anyone comes on this thread to speak in their defense.

I am sure you can find someone on the internet who will 'whatabout' something or other, but I don't see any point, though :shrug:

As for your 'DNA' comment, I think this is very ill judged. Criminality in a culture is not genetic. Even if Hitler maintained it was.....and he of course had a final solution for gypsies, whether criminal or not.

Re someone defending them - not on here I agree and I'm not going to search the internet for statements from loons. But the was a B&H Councillor a few years back who defended them to the hilt. Claimed the problem was us the locals not being welcoming. Lizzie Dean IIRC. And the party she belonged to ? The Greens. So apparently it's our fault they rob, assault, carry out criminal damage and be general pain in the arses.

The quickest and easiest way to deal with it would to be to make trepass a criminal offence rather than a civil one - like Ireland did - and force the police to enforce it. Also for the police to sieze any vans etc that don't have a valid MOT, VED or insurance. Problem being the police are scared. Strangely I was driving a car for a couple of months without insurance unknowingly - long story - and I got a very polite letter from Sussex Police to insure now or else. I bet they don't treat these 'people' in the same way as us normal citizens - just want to get them moved on so make their lives a bit easier.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
My dear, late father said it gave the Irish a bad name (he was Irish) and absolutely detested them. I too hate them with a passion. What I would do to them is not printable, let’s just say they would not come back in a hurry!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re someone defending them - not on here I agree and I'm not going to search the internet for statements from loons. But the was a B&H Councillor a few years back who defended them to the hilt. Claimed the problem was us the locals not being welcoming. Lizzie Dean IIRC. And the party she belonged to ? The Greens. So apparently it's our fault they rob, assault, carry out criminal damage and be general pain in the arses.

The quickest and easiest way to deal with it would to be to make trepass a criminal offence rather than a civil one - like Ireland did - and force the police to enforce it. Also for the police to sieze any vans etc that don't have a valid MOT, VED or insurance. Problem being the police are scared. Strangely I was driving a car for a couple of months without insurance unknowingly - long story - and I got a very polite letter from Sussex Police to insure now or else. I bet they don't treat these 'people' in the same way as us normal citizens - just want to get them moved on so make their lives a bit easier.

It does seem to be the norm now, police the normally law abiding, ask the real bad guys if they wouldn’t mind just toning it down a bit?

Returning home to Hove after an Amex game I saw a couple of crowd barriers ajar, the station was not packed but beginning to thin out post match, I dipped through the gap to maximise my chance of the next train. Didn’t queue jump, just wanted to get to the train a bit quicker. I soon had PC jobsworth tapping me on the shoulder from behind threatening me with arrest if I did not return to the now unnecessary detour.

Are the riot shields and helmets, batons and pepper spray inoperable when real trouble makers are around? Are they only licensed for use against football fans?

I actually have a lot of admiration for those who don the uniform on the front line. Their bosses and senior officers are very often complete cock wombles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here