Do we want to go up this season?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I always wanted to go up as Champions this season, and always thought we would

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I dont think that's a given. Imagine-we lost Gus/Tanno, got a hoofball manager in and were languishing in 21st place of 1st Division next Feb. Some of our support are a fickle bunch as we all know and it doesnt take much for our floating support to die away after the initial euphoria of the new stadium.

A very unlikely scenario but I dont think a full house against Rochdale in February guarenteed in any eventuality. But us in Championship (even without Gus) would guarentee pretty much a full house all next season

Well, I was not banking on us losing Gus and Tanno especially if we do not go-up. Also, I would imagine the new stadium could propel us into a promotion push out of League 1 and if that is the case then I would not doubt that we would sell-out against the likes of Rochdale in Februrary.

I do not expect Gus to go anywhere as I have mentioned previously as I believe he is building an empire...Further proof, if needed, is Gus' talk of building the new training and academy complex, he really is in this for the long haul.

Anyway, let's just hope the Amex is the catalyst for a Premier League promotion push...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Well, I was not banking on us losing Gus and Tanno especially if we do not go-up. Also, I would imagine the new stadium could propel us into a promotion push out of League 1 and if that is the case then I would not doubt that we would sell-out against the likes of Rochdale in Februrary.

I do not expect Gus to go anywhere as I have mentioned previously as I believe he is building an empire...Further proof, if needed, is Gus' talk of building the new training and academy complex, he really is in this for the long haul.

Anyway, let's just hope the Amex is the catalyst for a Premier League promotion push...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Agreed!!

Off topic, and out of interest, knowing you are a big England fan, what will be your choice-Dagenham away or Ghana?

Have to say, a poor choice to put Albion game on at same time as England for those that care.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
It will be Dagenham away...Unfortunately my support for England has waned over the last year or so. There was a time when I would put country before club every single time but the way the players 'perform' for England and the how diluted & sterile the whole Wembley experience has become really has taken it's toll. This has happily co-incided with an upturn in the Albion's fortune's together with an incredibly bright future...So I will pick and choose my England games from now on although I still love the trips abroad but all being well in a few years time the Albion will be bothering foreign opposition on a regular basis.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
This should be added to the 'Most pointless threads ever' archive.

Not sure you've quite grasped the point of the question, which is: What would be more healthy for the club in the long term for the first season at Falmer? Winning consistently in League 1 or winning slightly less in the Championship?

It's pretty clear that the vast majority would want us to go up this year, mainly because we're confident we're now good enough to survive in the Championship without playing boring defensive football, and we're not worried about low attendances etc. But at the beginning of the season several people did take a different view.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It will be Dagenham away...Unfortunately my support for England has waned over the last year or so. There was a time when I would put country before club every single time but the way the players 'perform' for England and the how diluted & sterile the whole Wembley experience has become really has taken it's toll. This has happily co-incided with an upturn in the Albion's fortune's together with an incredibly bright future...So I will pick and choose my England games from now on although I still love the trips abroad but all being well in a few years time the Albion will be bothering foreign opposition on a regular basis.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Funny that, very similar feelings to me (but far fewer England games attended!).

It's becoming quite OBVIOUS that Gus's FAILURE to get us relegated last season is holding the club back.

If we had been in League Two this season, with the squad we've now got, we'd have won every match so far ... 69 points from 23 games. What a record that would have been! Certain promotion assured by the end of February. The Albion would be the talk of the world. The best performing club in football history.

Instead, we are struggling along, hoping for our rivals to drop points and uncertain how the season will end.

Poyet OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here