Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we really hate Palace?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
im with you gerbil....my old man said be a palace fan i said f*** off, bollocks youre a c**t.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well a few rounds of:

One man went to burn (burn) etc...

P A L A C E (insert manager here) has got VD etc...

And boxing day song.

Seriously the kids just dont sing them anymore I have tried to get the one man went to burn going at withdean a few times to no effect :nono:

But in the pub after the Ipswich game all the 'old school' that were in there it went down really well!

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well a few rounds of:

One man went to burn (burn) etc...

P A L A C E (insert manager here) has got VD etc...

And boxing day song.

Seriously the kids just dont sing them anymore I have tried to get the one man went to burn going at withdean a few times to no effect :nono:

But in the pub after the Ipswich game all the 'old school' that were in there it went down really well!
that "One man went to..." used to be a great chant for getting everyone singing... - by the "NINE MEN went to..." stage the frenzy was building and then after that it just used to go a bit mental..!! (what number did it used to go up to? 10? 11?) - not sure of facts at this distance but i remember it as having been popularised by Chelsea(?) as "went to mow a meadow"(?) in the early 80s and then adopted by other clubs - seem to recall Palace being very keen on it during one trip there when they were stood in the Arfur lower section (Holmesdale end of) ... (all Palace are w@nkers - Croydon scum...)

i like:

My old man
Hark now hear
We'll follow the Albion
Stevie Coppell's illegitimate / got VD
When i was just a little boy
Away in a manger

etc etc

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
- they were stood in the Holmesdale end of the Arfur lower section... i

That dosn`t make sense.

I think you mean, we were stood in the Arthur Wait section near the Holmesdale End. Nasty bunch of lads.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Croydonbloke said:
That dosn`t make sense.

I think you mean, we were stood in the Arthur Wait section near the Holmesdale End. Nasty bunch of lads.

thought my description might confuse you... (the non-capitalisation of end would have been a clue to the at least semi-literate....)

as for "Nasty bunch of lads"... yes, i remember being terrified:shootself

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
thought my description might confuse you... (the non-capitalisation of end would have been a clue to the at least semi-literate....)

as for "Nasty bunch of lads"... yes, i remember being terrified:shootself
Don`t try and dig yourself out of a hole.

And so you should have been!!!!!!!:drink:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
What he meant was the side of the Holmesdale that cornered with the Arthur Wait stand. (I think)
Errr yes he does. I know exactly where he means the section that used to cost £3.70 to get in but know cost you lads £35.00 to sit in. Ha Ha

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt we used to get a corner of the ground at Selhurst by the floodlight? The opposite end of the Sainsburys stand.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
Errr yes he does. I know exactly where he means the section that used to cost £3.70 to get in but know cost you lads £35.00 to sit in. Ha Ha

You said you would get me in for nothing CB as long as I bought a round in the Clifton!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Didnt we used to get a corner of the ground at Selhurst by the floodlight? The opposite end of the Sainsburys stand.

TMLSP.

As far as my memory goes we used to:

Have the entire Whitehorse lane end (pre Sainsburys)

The Holmesdale end

The corner

The Arthur Wait.

We have infested all areas save the old stand.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto

What pub was that? Think I may have been there!

Met Tom Hark PP there too. :drink:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Perry Milkins said:
Can we come up with something more original. This does not say a lot for us in the spirit of banter with rivals.
ease up mush, at least croyden bloke has a sense of humour!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone else remember the Zenith cup game at home when that lad jumped over the front of the north stand ran at the pala*se fans and then got chased all around the ground at off out the side of the west stand by the police and stewards, he only got caught at the last minute, i pretty sure he had a plaster cast on as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here