Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we play 3 strikers now...

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Now that hoskins is back and has started off with a goal, barnes has scored two and CMS is just playing well with his fantastic work rate and scored the winner at pompey, do we play three strikers?

Barnes and Craig both deserve to be in the team, but i would like to see Hoskins getting a lot of game time, so i say 3 strikers.

we also played that formation last season when we had wood and Glenn Scum so we are not strangers to it.

Ideas?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What a great position for Gus to be in.

Does he go with 3 strikers, or one with two from three excellent wingers... and he still wants another striker!!!

The could be a season long remembered if he signs another one or two he's after

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I think we should stick with 2, the competition between the 3 will hopefully make them fight harder for their place, only could be good for the team :D

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Simple answer is no. You take each match as it comes. Different opponents require different formations. To many factors to take into account. It's a case of predicting or out witting other managers as Gus does fantastically. Who would have guessed Gus not playng with any pacey wingers tonight?.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Simple answer is no. You take each match as it comes. Different opponents require different formations. To many factors to take into account. It's a case of predicting or out witting other managers as Gus does fantastically. Who would have guessed Gus not playng with any pacey wingers tonight?.

Exactly. I was so surprised that Noone didn't start and then didn't even get on the pitch. Listening to the radio commentators and the Cardiff fans go on and on about our pacey speed-merchant up front (CMS) made me thing they ain't seen nothing yet. Buckley the Ghost, KLL and Noone still in the wings - dear God this could be fun!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Gus never has liked going too offensive in away games and even at home our midfield may get overrun so I'd say no. Superb start though but think we're going to come unstuck soon (it's the Albion ffs!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here