Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think we also need to face the fact that staying in the EPL for any length of time is phenomenally tough. I had a quick look back as far as 2012/13 (the year Palace got promoted). They came up with Cardiff and Hull - both since relegated (Cardiff twice). The following season Leicester came up, with Burnley and QPR. The latter two were both subsequently relegated. In 2014/15 Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich went up. All have since been relegated (Norwich twice). In 2015/16 Burnley, Middlesborough and Hull came up. Only Burnley have stayed in the Premier League. The following year we came up, with Newcastle and Huddersfield (the latter have obviously gone back down). In 2017/18 Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham came up - the latter two went back down. In 2018/19 Norwich, Sheff Utd and Villa came up. Norwich went straight down again, Sheff Utd are nailed on to go down this season, and Villa only stayed up by a point last year. We may be frustrated, but we've actually done pretty well to last four years (although hopefully it'll be more).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We're doing WORSE than all of them.

No idea. Probably a bit less. But the point of me posting the average attendances for them is that in FFP terms that shouldn't be a big difference.

Look, it's not my money but perhaps doing things on the relative cheap is going to end up with a relegation fight every season and a fractured fanbase. I didn't see that on the glossy brochure.

All the teams you have compared us to went over the UEFA FFP maximum of 70% receipts to wages ratio in the 2018/19 season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eight-premier-league-clubs-over-22174535

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes, yes we do.

We're off form. But we're still not in the bottom three.

Some of the bed-wetting has been so over the top I was expecting Ru-Paul to mince out of my screen.

How anyone with a modicum of sense/understanding of our history/the game itself can 'threaten' to not renew their season ticket, off with his head etc is astounding.

Before anyone says 'we don't like losing', 'it's not good enough' etc, what do you actually expect from supporting the Albion?

If we'd collectively showed this entitled, reactionary, bed-wetting bullshit attitude during the troubles there would be no Albion - simple as that.

There certainly needs to be a collective kick up the arse behind the scenes, and maybe a lot less tinkering from the boss but, FFS, it could be so much worse.

You win some, you lose some. If you're a JCL and don't like it, go back to shouting at a pub TV about a club you've never seen live.

UTA.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Great post, please contribute to the match day threads to help balance out the hysteria [emoji56]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we'd collectively showed this entitled, reactionary, bed-wetting bullshit attitude during the troubles there would be no Albion - simple as that.

But all we have left to moan about is the football. Bloom isn't about to flog the ground he paid for himself to turn it into a retail park and hire a failed politician to do the dirty on fans. And, if he does, it is literally his to do what he wants with. They are totally different times. There are still enough war scarred Brighton fans left to never let that happen. But that is not what's being complained about.

There certainly needs to be a collective kick up the arse behind the scenes, and maybe a lot less tinkering from the boss but, FFS, it could be so much worse.

So, to carry on the above that's all that most people are asking. No one is asking Bloom to make wholesale change. They are questioning whether the coach is up to the job. Because.....

You win some, you lose some. If you're a JCL and don't like it, go back to shouting at a pub TV about a club you've never seen live.

Take out the "never seen live" and that's what those of us used to a good day out, with the result immaterial, are having to do. Actually not even a pub TV. Our own. With the same person or two we've been banged up with for months (if we're lucky). It's no wonder defeat stings a bit more, and with pubs closed the only place to take out your frustration is the internet. It's a totally unique set of circumstances.

I used to go everywhere in the 90s. I never even expected us to get a point when I went away. But we had a terrible infrastructure and a chain smoking manager. Now we are constantly told how professional everything is and yet we have won one home game all year. It's not "win some lose some". It's "draw some, lose some". I honestly believe any other club in the league would pull the trigger on that record. It's perfectly valid to question why we haven't without becoming entitled, plastic or "big club".

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Stop trying to play the victim.

You didn’t address this to me, but I’ll support Plooks on this one. The match day threads have been particularly toxic and abusive for anyone of late who dares support the manager.

I can see why many of the Potter in crowd don’t contribute during games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You didn’t address this to me, but I’ll support Plooks on this one. The match day threads have been particularly toxic and abusive for anyone of late who dares support the manager.

If I’m watching on tv, I’m watching not posting.
I usually watch in person at the grounds, but tv is a very poor substitute.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Posters like Plooks would have far more respect if they didn’t keep shouting bed wetter.

I have no issues with fellow fans getting behind the team and trying to be positive, this can be done without shouting a childish phrase at others that are not happy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Says the bloke starting numerous hilarious posts using the trope that all those questioning the coach can't spell his name.

Plooks asks for it and so do you to a degree. I'm happy to have a polite debate with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] and have done. As for [MENTION=2139]Soul Finger[/MENTION] I know him well IRL and he's Brighton through and through and his post comes right from the heart. I'd love to have the debate with him over a pint before moving on to somewhere playing loud music. Maybe in 2021.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m still in GP team [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], but I didn’t see you getting abused. Sorry if you did.
[MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] often has a confrontational and non-listening tone when it comes to the many Albion setbacks. Augmented with the immature and boring bedwetter jibe, he’s only going to get the polar opposite of his aspiration of NSC uniting to drive the team on.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Says the bloke starting numerous hilarious posts using the trope that all those questioning the coach can't spell his name.

Plooks asks for it and so do you to a degree. I'm happy to have a polite debate with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] and have done. As for [MENTION=2139]Soul Finger[/MENTION] I know him well IRL and he's Brighton through and through and his post comes right from the heart. I'd love to have the debate with him over a pint before moving on to somewhere playing loud music. Maybe in 2021.

Nah. Nothing I say is on the level of the abusive language used by some. You certainly won’t find an example of me directly insulting another poster or swearing insults (or being homophobic) that’s for sure. Not even close.

I’m not complaining. I have strong opinions and do engage. But I would back up Plooks in this case.

As for me, saying “Porter out” is hardly the equivalent to any of the above (I have listened and don’t use the “BW” word anymore).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m still in GP team [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], but I didn’t see you getting abused. Sorry if you did.
[MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] often has a confrontational and non-listening tone when it comes to the many Albion setbacks. Augmented with the immature and boring bedwetter jibe, he’s only going to get the polar opposite of his aspiration of NSC uniting to drive the team on.

[emoji123] all good WS. I choose to go into the match threads when we’re losing and people are very emotional. I probably should lay off doing that, as I think the other Potter in crowd have (wisely) done.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Posters like Plooks would have far more respect if they didn’t keep shouting bed wetter.

I have no issues with fellow fans getting behind the team and trying to be positive, this can be done without shouting a childish phrase at others that are not happy.

Its all down to what supporters think is going to happen .We are heading for 30pts at the moment so are we going to get better at set pieces for example ? Somehow we have to find a way to improve .GP comes across as a bit complacent in my view .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[emoji123] all good WS. I choose to go into the match threads when we’re losing and people are very emotional. I probably should lay off doing that, as I think the other Potter in crowd have (wisely) done.

You do a great job on NSC during and after games, please don’t change.

[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION], [MENTION=21892]Uh_huh_him[/MENTION] and you stand out as positive people, with reasoned arguments.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fine. I won't call the bedwetters bedwetters anymore. I do listen, I just don't have much time for posters who claim things that are factually false: the webster can't pass thing for example. What am I supposed to say to that? I show stats to prove it otherwise? Or should I just agree with them!?

Remembering that I want Potter to stay (and be given the tools with a quality striker and LB) ... during and post matches you often post angrily and hastily against all and sundry who are saying that enough is enough, or criticising club recruitment or certain players. When we’re getting beat yet again and for example Arsenal are flying past Burn for fun, wouldn’t it be abnormal if many supporters weren’t furious?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
We do yes. At least from the ‘new’ fans that have only started following since 2011. That being said all my chums who’s history with the club goes back to the dark ages all agree Potter is not the right man.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I find it goes a bit too far at times. We all know Burn's weaknesses. I would reserve furiousness for players who can't be arsed. The squad we have a trying, limited maybe, short in areas maybe, tactics off sometimes maybe, but they are all trying. It looks nothing like bad enough to warrant the furious nature of some responses. That is what gets to me. We have seen stuff that bad before, but now it is nowhere near! Save it for when it is warranted.

I never agree with the people who say Burn or the players aren’t trying. Or the fiction of Potter’s clearly lost the dressing room.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I will stop using it when I stop being called a licker if I say March is actually a decent player or Webster can actually pass etc. It goes both ways.

I would never call you that as I like both players, I think anyone that calls you a licker for saying March and Webster are decent players are just as childish as anyone using bed wetter.

Fair play to you being positive and getting behind the team, I respect this 100%.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

[MENTION=2139]Soul Finger[/MENTION] can spin the tunes when the Albion stay up and we are all vaccinated and have a big party. :)

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I find it goes a bit too far at times. We all know Burn's weaknesses. I would reserve furiousness for players who can't be arsed. The squad we have a trying, limited maybe, short in areas maybe, tactics off sometimes maybe, but they are all trying. It looks nothing like bad enough to warrant the furious nature of some responses. That is what gets to me. We have seen stuff that bad before, but now it is nowhere near! Save it for when it is warranted.

I may have misinterpreted the gist here But is the level of painful football experience s endured , exponentially related to time served As it were ?
Thus the newer arrivals Not having endured the tougher times War years etc Mean that this blip in their minds Is way more troubling than those older hands , would deem it to be
But justifiably worrying to them
It’s all relative to your individual perspective experience s I suppose
Yeh / Nay ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here