Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The frustration with Potter is that we seem to be going backwards. We have seen some great performances under him, not always getting the results, but dominant performances. Now people are watching the selections, the pedestrian football, and are scratching their heads at how it is turning out this way

It's odd isn't it?

The difference between the away game at the Emirates in December 2019 and last night's exhibition in walking football was stark, to say the least. I wasn't necessarily expecting us to win but I was hoping for a bit a of guile, endeavour, urgency, invention and purpose.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Despite the muck thrown at you by one or two, I don't think you've acted as entitled. As I said in an early post in this thread, entitled would be "I demand that we win EPL home games. TB/PB have let me down when we lose.".

Isn't football about walking away (or virtually with CV19) from The Amex with a Readibrek-esque glow after a win, more than occasionally? Your weekend made.

Back to my point, fine margins, imho we're a LB and striker away from flying up the table. I'm not demanding that TB injects £40m this weekend to fund that. Perhaps inventiveness in the transfer and loan market? Stains took Ings on loan, with a view to a permanent signing, as a good example.

Absolutely yes to what football is about.

I agree exactly with the players needed, though if Ryan goes we'll need a keeper in some shape or form. If Potter turns that into a decent side, not only on the stats but with wins and points, I'll happily start a thread apologising and admitting my wrongness. Without those signings I'm rather of the mind he's being hung out to dry.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is a bit entitled to think we should be doing better than all of those teams.

We're doing WORSE than all of them.

Where do you think we stand in comparison to those teams in terms of budget?

No idea. Probably a bit less. But the point of me posting the average attendances for them is that in FFP terms that shouldn't be a big difference.

Look, it's not my money but perhaps doing things on the relative cheap is going to end up with a relegation fight every season and a fractured fanbase. I didn't see that on the glossy brochure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The reason we are where we are is financial due to the fact every home game means -£1m plus lost revenue hence we are in no position to splash out big money on a striker.

The good news is so are a fair few other clubs, if we manage to stay up that will be a bonus, it may well turn out Andone or bust.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Big difference for me is that we were woeful for pretty much all of Hyppia's reign. The frustration with Potter is that we seem to be going backwards. We have seen some great performances under him, not always getting the results, but dominant performances. Now people are watching the selections, the pedestrian football, and are scratching their heads at how it is turning out this way
It’s a mirror image of last season, we played well in the first few games then rapidly went down hill. We haven’t improved one bit under Potter and you could argue getting worse as the weeks pass by.
A few on here have been dumb struck with a few good performances, we also had some crackers under Hughton’s PL reign and of course some dire ones I really can’t see any difference between the two.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When the **** did I say we should ignore the bad things!?
I have acknowledged are conversion of chances to goals is poor. But, as I am a passionate fan, I believe they can overcome it! You all seem to think they can't and are useless as you have given up.

I didn’t say you should ignore the bad things, but you seem to think passion can only be demonstrated by being supportive, whereas I was pointing out that people who are becoming frustrated are also very passionate, I was questioning why you were dismissive of that and labelled it as moaning?

No passion on here. Just moaning and the classic "I will support when we start doing well" comments.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It comes across as dismissive and having given in. They all have a go a Potter for not shouting and showing passion but will just sit there themselves completely resigned to losing.

Being that we’re not actually at the games, how do you know people just sit there resigned to losing?
Honestly, I don’t believe that you actually believe what you’re typing at this point. No matter how much someone might want their teams manager gone, they will always support their team, and in think you know that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Have you read the amount of resignation about the next game or when a lineup gets announced!?

Right, so you haven’t seen people “just sat there not supporting” then?

To answer your question, yes, and I posted my dismay at Potter’s most recent team selection, but once again, what you fail to realise (or conveniently ignore as it suits your argument) is that once the game kicks off all that people want is for Brighton to get a win, they don’t even necessarily have to play well, just get some damn points on the board. If the stadium was open those same people, myself included, would be supportive of the team.
This is along the same lines as thinking people wouldn’t celebrate or would be disappointed if Alireza scored, it’s fine to think he’s not very good, don’t stop you wanting him to score or bring happy if he does, it’s just that you don’t expect him to as he’s not cut out for it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
how do you know he is not passionate? Or do you all equate passion with shouting loudly?

Because a passionate person wouldn't deliver the kind of after match interviews he does.

It's not about shouting, it's the language you use, the emotion you show and how you outwardly appear when expressing it.

Potter shows very little passion about the teams position or performances.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Because a passionate person wouldn't deliver the kind of after match interviews he does.

It's not about shouting, it's the language you use, the emotion you show and how you outwardly appear when expressing it.

Potter shows very little passion about the teams position or performances.

Maybe GP is trying to show calm, collected, measured, confidence and that he doesn't panic, maybe others will want to have a go at him about anything to further their agenda.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Maybe GP is trying to show calm, collected, measured, confidence and that he doesn't panic, maybe others will want to have a go at him about anything to further their agenda.

That's his demeanour on display.

He came with some kind of zen master tag when he arrived, not one of being an openly passionate person.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yes, yes we do.

We're off form. But we're still not in the bottom three.

Some of the bed-wetting has been so over the top I was expecting Ru-Paul to mince out of my screen.

How anyone with a modicum of sense/understanding of our history/the game itself can 'threaten' to not renew their season ticket, off with his head etc is astounding.

Before anyone says 'we don't like losing', 'it's not good enough' etc, what do you actually expect from supporting the Albion?

If we'd collectively showed this entitled, reactionary, bed-wetting bullshit attitude during the troubles there would be no Albion - simple as that.

There certainly needs to be a collective kick up the arse behind the scenes, and maybe a lot less tinkering from the boss but, FFS, it could be so much worse.

You win some, you lose some. If you're a JCL and don't like it, go back to shouting at a pub TV about a club you've never seen live.

UTA.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes, yes we do.

We're off form. But we're still not in the bottom three.

Some of the bed-wetting has been so over the top I was expecting Ru-Paul to mince out of my screen.

How anyone with a modicum of sense/understanding of our history/the game itself can 'threaten' to not renew their season ticket, off with his head etc is astounding.

Before anyone says 'we don't like losing', 'it's not good enough' etc, what do you actually expect from supporting the Albion?

If we'd collectively showed this entitled, reactionary, bed-wetting bullshit attitude during the troubles there would be no Albion - simple as that.

There certainly needs to be a collective kick up the arse behind the scenes, and maybe a lot less tinkering from the boss but, FFS, it could be so much worse.

You win some, you lose some. If you're a JCL and don't like it, go back to shouting at a pub TV about a club you've never seen live.

UTA.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here