Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah I agree, I don’t think it was a message, it was simply a terrible approach to a game of football.

4-2-3-1 worked last time. He could have gone with:

——————Sanchez——————-
Veltman —Dunk —- Webster—Burn/Bernado
——-Bissouma——-Propper ————
———Ali J——Gross/McAllister—Zeqiri/Trossard
——————-Maupay/Connolly———-

Minimal changes to personnel but players employed on roles they are comfortable with and no reliance on Veltman, Burn and Bernardo to provide width.

Agree. The line-up you suggest, while tinkering, would still have suggested that he hadn't lost his marbles.

Sanchez

Veltman
Dunk
Webster
Bernado

Bissouma
Propper

Ali J
Mac Allister
Trossard

Maupay

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Sure, I get it but do you think that Potter set up the players well enough to win that game? Bernardo and Veltman, two conventional full backs were expected to provide our width. We had MacAllister and Ali J up front. Neither are strikers yet no less than four sat on the bench. Why is he consistently asking players to do jobs they patently can’t do? It’s akin to The Rollong Stones doing a gig and putting Jagger on bass, Charlie Watts on vocals and Keith on drums then being surprised when it sounds shite.

Arsenal were woeful and there for the taking. If we were set up properly we would have got at least a point. We played a 4-2-3-1 against them in June. Square pegs in square holes and beat them. Name a proper chance that we created last night because I can’t think of one.

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of 3 at the back. I think it doesn’t spread across the field evenly and leaves you open to runs from midfield, as well as being outnumbered on the flanks. However, it can work with March and Lamptey at WB.

It won’t work, however, when Veltman and Bernardo are WBs and we have no forward line to speak of.

Still, without going around in circles, I also think we lack the pace and dribbling ability in wide positions for a 4231 or 433. It all comes back around to squad building ultimately, and I don’t think it’s been good enough for a few years now.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm not saying Sack the Manager, I think he gets a lot right, its not a coincidence that almost every team we play seem to "have an off day" I do not believe we are given enough credit in these games, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal are all credited as "having off days" against us but I think this is down to us, however, we are not winning these games when really we should be. This isn't entitlement, that is playing Sheff Utd or West Brom, games were some fans believe we should win before a ball is kicked.

Great post [emoji106]

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
along with many others, your missing the point.

Is it GP's fault that we cant take the numerous opportunities gifted to us?

That's the recruitment teams fault for not adequately filling the striking position for the last 3yrs. It's always been punts which probably wouldve paid for two decent acquisitions by now

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That's the recruitment teams fault for not adequately filling the striking position for the last 3yrs. It's always been punts which probably wouldve paid for two decent acquisitions by now

Cant disagree. But who knows how much rope they have to operate with? Easy to blame them when your hands are tied, possibly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not saying Sack the Manager, I think he gets a lot right, its not a coincidence that almost every team we play seem to "have an off day" I do not believe we are given enough credit in these games, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal are all credited as "having off days" against us but I think this is down to us, however, we are not winning these games when really we should be. This isn't entitlement, that is playing Sheff Utd or West Brom, games were some fans believe we should win before a ball is kicked.

Good points :thumbsup:

As a point of interest are Fulham and Sheffield United forums in meltdown calling for the manager’s head and were the WBA fans before they made their inspired choice of new manager? I don’t read other forums so I genuinely don’t know. Maybe calling for the manager’s head when you are at the bottom is the norm. I keep seeing how few wins we have had but we have also had some excellent draws and very few thumpings....so far. This is hardly ever taken into account as fans hurl abuse at Potter. We can’t be that far off being half decent if we are in most games can we? Small margins and a paucity of luck are killing us at the moment. Hence why I am not panicking. I hope TB backs Potter with the signings he needs in January rather than binning the manager. It will not improve the players and solve our problems by changing manager imo. I accept that I am now in the minority in thinking like this though.

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Good points :thumbsup:

As a point of interest are Fulham and Sheffield United forums in meltdown calling for the manager’s head and were the WBA fans before they made their inspired choice of new manager? I don’t read other forums so I genuinely don’t know. Maybe calling for the manager’s head when you are at the bottom is the norm. I keep seeing how few wins we have had but we have also had some excellent draws and very few thumpings....so far. This is hardly ever taken into account as fans hurl abuse at Potter. We can’t be that far off being half decent if we are in most games can we? Small margins and a paucity of luck are killing us at the moment. Hence why I am not panicking. I hope TB backs Potter with the signings he needs in January rather than binning the manager. It will not improve the players and solve our problems by changing manager imo. I accept that I am now in the minority in thinking like this though.

Fans are really only venting today because of the selection of last nights line up. I couldn't understand it either as we were at home versus a struggling arsenal side.
GP has us playing some good football this year but we have been lacking the quality in front of goal, thats it.

Luck has nothing to do with it. We haven't been unlucky, that's just a lame excuse for not winning.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Entitled to expect more than 1 win from the last 17 home games ? Probably

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Fans are really only venting today because of the selection of last nights line up. I couldn't understand it either as we were at home versus a struggling arsenal side.
GP has us playing some good football this year but we have been lacking the quality in front of goal, thats it.

Luck has nothing to do with it. We haven't been unlucky, that's just a lame excuse for not winning.

Where have you been? Potter has been getting dogs abuse here from a section of fans for most match days.

Not just since yesterday.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Where have you been? Potter has been getting dogs abuse here from a section of fans for most match days.

Not just since yesterday.

Not been on here much lately so wouldn't know. Not surprised to be honest as its just easy to lay all the blame for not winning at the managers/coach's doorstep rather than really understanding the game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway

I’m not going to name the poster, but I considered them the de-facto leader of the Hughton-Out campaign on NSC.

This poster was abusive to both Chris (an honourable gentleman) and the club in their attempt to influence others to turn against the Manager. I was saddened each time I read their toxic rants.

The crux of their argument was that Hughton was not only leading us to the Championship but doing so playing negative and defensive football. The poster in question was a STH but had stopped going because the style of football was getting them down so much. Statements like ‘I don’t mind being relegated so much but I need to see attacking attractive football’ etc etc. Time after time this poster would lament how youngsters are not given a chance, how Hughton always picks the same team and players and how that all would be forgiven (in terms of wins and points) if only Hughton would play attacking passing football.

I have to say, our 2-3 defeat by Man Utd is the best I’ve ever seen a Brighton team play. This was an 8-1 with the same luck Villa had in their 7-2 destruction of Liverpool. This was the most immense performance I have ever seen us produce but of course it was suffocated a little by our failure to convert big chances and defensive errors that lead to goals every time. But forgetting the goals and results, the football under Potter has generally been fantastic and we boss most games.

Back to the poster in question, I saw last night a number of attacks on Potter by them. They are clearly ‘Potter Out’ and will be upping their post count massively over the next weeks or months in an attempt to influence supporters and the club. This from a poster who got everything they wanted in the Potter appointment initially. What shameless, hypocritical and vile entitlement, the life of ***** eh?

It makes me ashamed to be associated with other fans of this club seeing the name calling of Potter. Phrases like ‘muppet’, ‘idiot’, ‘p.Rick’ etc. How undignified and vulgar.

Lastly, there is a man who invested heavily in this club to get us the Stadium and Premier League dream. Dick Knight saved the club but Tony Bloom gave us the undreamable. Like the academy, the Potter management model is long term, he is not going to be sacked, even if we are relegated (which we won’t because there a three far worse teams). This is Tony’s long term vision which will firmly take us into the top ten of the Premier League, albeit on the time it took us to get promoted from the Championship rather than this season like so many entitled goons think should be the case. Thank god we don’t have these plebeians inside the stadium booing & turning on the players and manager, that’s what is going to save us this season believe it or not!

Opinion is fine, so much of it is completely uninformed and uneducated that the club surely ignore the vast majority of it but each time you personally abuse Potter, you sink a knife into Tony’s back and his long term vision for this club. Shame on those entitled fans, shame on them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When did he say this?

What he did say was that we were aiming to be a top 10 Premier League team. For me, the time lines were of the same order of how long it took us to be promoted from the Championship (5 years) but the entitled minority took that ambitious statement and re-wrote in their own minds for this season instead. No wonder they are all so angry.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m not going to name the poster, but I considered them the de-facto leader of the Hughton-Out campaign on NSC.

This poster was abusive to both Chris (an honourable gentleman) and the club in their attempt to influence others to turn against the Manager. I was saddened each time I read their toxic rants.

The crux of their argument was that Hughton was not only leading us to the Championship but doing so playing negative and defensive football. The poster in question was a STH but had stopped going because the style of football was getting them down so much. Statements like ‘I don’t mind being relegated so much but I need to see attacking attractive football’ etc etc. Time after time this poster would lament how youngsters are not given a chance, how Hughton always picks the same team and players and how that all would be forgiven (in terms of wins and points) if only Hughton would play attacking passing football.

I have to say, our 2-3 defeat by Man Utd is the best I’ve ever seen a Brighton team play. This was an 8-1 with the same luck Villa had in their 7-2 destruction of Liverpool. This was the most immense performance I have ever seen us produce but of course it was suffocated a little by our failure to convert big chances and defensive errors that lead to goals every time. But forgetting the goals and results, the football under Potter has generally been fantastic and we boss most games.

Back to the poster in question, I saw last night a number of attacks on Potter by them. They are clearly ‘Potter Out’ and will be upping their post count massively over the next weeks or months in an attempt to influence supporters and the club. This from a poster who got everything they wanted in the Potter appointment initially. What shameless, hypocritical and vile entitlement, the life of ***** eh?

It makes me ashamed to be associated with other fans of this club seeing the name calling of Potter. Phrases like ‘muppet’, ‘idiot’, ‘p.Rick’ etc. How undignified and vulgar.

Lastly, there is a man who invested heavily in this club to get us the Stadium and Premier League dream. Dick Knight saved the club but Tony Bloom gave us the undreamable. Like the academy, the Potter management model is long term, he is not going to be sacked, even if we are relegated (which we won’t because there a three far worse teams). This is Tony’s long term vision which will firmly take us into the top ten of the Premier League, albeit on the time it took us to get promoted from the Championship rather than this season like so many entitled goons think should be the case. Thank god we don’t have these plebeians inside the stadium booing & turning on the players and manager, that’s what is going to save us this season believe it or not!

Opinion is fine, so much of it is completely uninformed and uneducated that the club surely ignore the vast majority of it but each time you personally abuse Potter, you sink a knife into Tony’s back and his long term vision for this club. Shame on those entitled fans, shame on them.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Beautiful post. But name this poster.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What he did say was that we were aiming to be a top 10 Premier League team. For me, the time lines were of the same order of how long it took us to be promoted from the Championship (5 years) but the entitled minority took that ambitious statement and re-wrote in their own minds for this season instead. No wonder they are all so angry.

Correct.

I of course knew Tony Bloom had never said “top 10 this season”, so it was a rhetorical question. Agree it is sad people are using his long term goal against him, or worse, being dishonest about his statement.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Come on, don't be silly. It's perfectly reasonable to support Potter but given our atrocious form and results it's also perfectly reasonable to think another manager could manage these resources better.

I don't see anyone putting names forward, just Potter out. I have no problem with letting Potter go if we have Pochettino lined up, but other than him, I don't think there is anyone else that I would be confident would be an improvement and is available.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

An excellent post in his defence, well done

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He came 8th and 5th in the Swedish League. That win against Arsenal has bought him a lot of hype.

After 3 promotions in four seasons, starting from the bottom tier, and with a tiny budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here