Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do they know it's Christmas?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The marketing definitely gets earlier with every year. Last night there was wall to wall Xmas TV ads. Grocers had a stack of Xmas goodies by early September, garden centres/DIY chains displayed their Xmas stock in early October.

We love it, in part because people get hot under the collar about it :lolol: .

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
In fairness, if they had been playing "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" then fair enough, play it any day you like. For everything else, leave it at least until December starts.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
And retailers getting in early with their 'Black Friday' offers so that they do not miss out on any stamped, on the 'official' day (is there one??)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it snowing yet in the north of England !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Halloween seems to be the official starting pistol for Xmas now.

I think it’s one thing selling Xmas stuff early, but signs in shops wishing you a Merry Christmas in November really do my head in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it snowing yet in the north of England

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Staff in Costa Coffee on Lancaster Station yesterday - santa hats and reindeer antlers......
There’s no need to be afraid

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Asda ad even outright claims it’s Christmas on 1st November, which is just wrong

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It did snow in Chicago on November 1st. We've had our pre-Thanksgiving snow. Now about 2 times before Crimbo & I'll be all set.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just be grateful you get different Christmas music. ALL I will hear, day in, day out over the next 2 months is Mariah Frickkin’ Carey.
Over and over and over again.
😫

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I love Xmas, but loath that song.
I agree.
It will be played to death here. I was at a party a couple of years ago and a fellow Brit played Slade, Merry Christmas Everybody. There were 4 of us singing & dancing with a group of Aussies watching on.
They had never heard it……🤯🎅🏼🎄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here