Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do the words 'pots', 'kettle' and 'black' spring to mind here?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chelsea report Real on Robben bid

Chelsea will ask Fifa to investigate an alleged illegal approach from Real Madrid for Dutch winger Arjen Robben. The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Spanish giants and new Real president Ramon Calderon has admitted his interest in Robben.

But Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said: "We note that Mr Calderon confirms Real Madrid spoke to Arjen. "As a result Chelsea will be writing to Fifa to ask them to investigate an illegal approach by Real Madrid."The Arjen Robben situation could not be any clearer. 'There have been no meetings or conversations between the Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic with any Chelsea officials, anyone mandated to act on Chelsea's behalf or owner Roman Abramovich about Arjen's future. Any indication that a transfer is possible is completely untrue. We will not be entertaining any offers for Arjen, he is not for sale."

Calderon had earlier confirmed Mijatovic had spent time with Abramovich and was convinced he could complete a deal for Robben.He said: "Mijatovic has been at a match in Germany with Abramovich and in theory Mijatovic told us we can reach an agreement. We have been in touch with the player and it seems everything will be okay and that the player wants to come here."

Arjen Robben may be a big diving girl but if he becomes the first player to walk away from the Chelski roubles I will thank him for that marvellous entertainment.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yep, I think Chelski have some nerve pulling this one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
blockhseagull said:
I suppose Chelski think we did it got caught and got punished so others that do it should be punished as well

Yep. I was going to make that very point.

Still hate them almost as much as Manure though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here