Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Spiders Feel Sadness?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They spend hours weaving a delicious intricate web that is a thing of architectural beauty then someone (or a fox/cat) goes and walks right through it destroying in a split second what took an age to create. Can there be not even the slightest element of "Oh FFS!" in their arachnid brains? Any spiders out there who can enlighten me?

For what it's worth, I go out of my way to avoid walking through the countless spider's webs in our garden - it's like Indiana Jones weaving his way through some intricate catacoomb loaded with booby traps. It's not that I'm bothered about being covered in web, more that I feel for the little 8 legged beasts.

Cheers :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I doubt it. Imagine the floods of tears trickling from the sides of 8 big eyeballs.
I'm sure they feel jealousy though when witnessing a webby work of art carried out by another arachnid, just as we would when seeing another chap laying the perfect coiled steamer, or not having his arm broken in a 9-birded cygnet attack, or having a hypnotic whistle that woos and orgasmifies any wanted dame. but i doubt they weep. They see it as a challenge. Unlike many of us who might live for good in that downheartedness that normally follows envy.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sod the spiders I feel sorry for the poor flies buzzing along minding their own business then bam!!!! Stuck inside a web of deceit lying there for a few minutes until leg by leg wing by wing they're dissected alive by an an eight legged freak with mad eyes FFS what a way to die

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sod the spiders I feel sorry for the poor flies buzzing along minding their own business then bam!!!! Stuck inside a web of deceit lying there for a few minutes until leg by leg wing by wing they're dissected alive by an an eight legged freak with mad eyes FFS what a way to die

I don't feel sorry for flies. They regurgitate their stomachs and suck up the resulting mush through their feet. Or something. Whatever it is, it does my box.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think they feel sadness but I think they feel angry after all that effort. They then decide to go inside your house and lurk in the bathroom or the bedroom waiting to get their revenge.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I don't think they feel sadness but I think they feel angry after all that effort. They then decide to go inside your house and lurk in the bathroom or the bedroom waiting to get their revenge.

or phone their meaner nastier australian cousins to exact revenge on their behalf

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I feel sad for Spiders when I find one and have to get my can of Raid and give them a little puff of death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here