do people think DANIEL STURRIDGE is worth £12million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Very very few player are worth the multimillion pound price in comparison to real value however in the fantasy world of football finance its all about what a club is willing to pay, it that context the price is about right.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Gerrard & Suarez are battering Sunderland, can't see Suarez and Sturridge playing well together, both quite selfish players though.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I don't think he is worth it. Although he scored when I saw him play for GB in the Olympics I thought he was poor. No vision and poor first touch.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
In terms of value for money, like every other Premier League footballer, no. In terms of what Liverpool are paying for people, an absolute bloody bargain.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is a lot of money but purely from an England point if view I hope he starts most games now up front as when he did for Bolton he looked very handy.

Liverpools transfer record since the premier league began has been appalling, not just in recent years, which is why they have never won the league. Over the years they have paid absolute fortunes at the time for the likes of Collymore, Scales, Kewell, Heskey, Keane, Downing, Henderson, Aquilani, Allen, Carroll, Borini, Ziegle, Phil Babb, Djibril Cisse and a load of other foreign players (Biscan, Traore etc) who have all turned out to be a disaster.

As I say, I hope Sturridge does work out for Englands sake as we have very few international standard strikers.

D

Deleted member 18477

It is a lot of money but purely from an England point if view I hope he starts most games now up front as when he did for Bolton he looked very handy.

Liverpools transfer record since the premier league began has been appalling, not just in recent years, which is why they have never won the league. Over the years they have paid absolute fortunes at the time for the likes of Collymore, Scales, Kewell, Heskey, Keane, Downing, Henderson, Aquilani, Allen, Carroll, Borini, Ziegle, Phil Babb, Djibril Cisse and a load of other foreign players (Biscan, Traore etc) who have all turned out to be a disaster.

As I say, I hope Sturridge does work out for Englands sake as we have very few international standard strikers.

How dare you!

D

Deleted member 18477

Scored on his debut for Liverpool and now scored on his prem debut for Liverpool...

Can't do much more than that.

Great 'following in' from the lad for that goal v Utd just now.

D

Deleted member 18477

Should have scored!!! Golden chance for Sturridge! He's never had a good right foot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports