Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Gus and Barber know how much damage they can do?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
How much damage can we take If we end up selling Liam, Will and Craig.

It would really test the " IN GUS WE TRUST" camp (which i'm in)

Do you think we will lose fans because of it?

It could be the best or worst Jan window ever. Does not feel like we're going to have a quiet one. :eek:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If anyone thinks that a Premiership club (even Norwich!) will purchase CMS in the January 2013 transfer window, then they should really cut down on their e-numbers!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gus: "We will not progress as a club by selling our best players" - pre-Blackburn press conference.

A statement of intent for sure, but everyone has their price. :) If very good offers came in and Gus could use the funds to purchase equal or better players then progression surely would carry on. Plus, if players heads were turned then could we expect them to remain happy if we told the bidding club to do one? (assuming our valuation was met).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What about the players??? If you get the chance to play at the very highest level, that must be very tempting. The sad fact of life is all the time we are in the championship we will loss the odd player now and then, it's the nature of the beast. The real question is, can the manger take half the money from any transfer and replace that player with someone of equal ability,from a team lower than ourselves. Like all the great managers seem to be able to do.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I honestly don't think Buckley would go to Saints. Not from any rivalry perspective, but simply because in 6 months time he could be back in the Championship, and we could (ha!) be in the Prem.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A statement of intent for sure, but everyone has their price. :) If very good offers came in and Gus could use the funds to purchase equal or better players then progression surely would carry on. Plus, if players heads were turned then could we expect them to remain happy if we told the bidding club to do one? (assuming our valuation was met).

I agree - but the OP is suggesting that Gus does not know what damage he can do by selling our best players. My quote was just to confirm that he is well aware. It is the players heads being turned bit that is the most worrying, but we will see what happens

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree - but the OP is suggesting that Gus does not know what damage he can do by selling our best players. My quote was just to confirm that he is well aware. It is the players heads being turned bit that is the most worrying, but we will see what happens

Agreed. The thread title seems to suggest that at some stage after the fifth or sixth consecutive defeat Gus and Barber will slap their brows and say "Of course! It's because we sold all the best players! That's why we're losing!" My own, educated guess would be that everybody at the club is well aware what will happen if the best players leave and aren't replaced. Just a hunch, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here