Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus the groovy gang in full motion mods and all, lovely.

There is an easy coherent answer and the club could sort this out and be careful of what you advocate as fair. The club proudly announced they were making travel optional as part of the move to the Amex then subsequently withdrew it and offer no alternative ;ike I have suggested where there is an amnesty for a week where the user has to prove to the club it is not required - very easy to do and also very customer friendly but alas not forthcoming.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You have me very wrong. My 'true colours' are evident in every post I write. If I think somebody is an idiot, my responses to them probably reflect that, even if in some cases they are probably not bright enough to recognise it.

The difference with the particular thread that you refer to, is simply that you caught me in a really bad mood, and I lost my temper (and called you a f*****g p***k). That was most regrettable - normally I would have written something far more polite, that conveyed the message that I felt you were being a f*****g p***k, but without resorting to course language.

That is fair enough as you really did make a total idiot of yourself on that thread, it was cringeworthy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO Albion fans get exception value for money ST-wise. Four hundred quid to sit in the North with transport thrown in? That'll do nicely! Of the optional extras, the pies are a wee bit pricey but good quality if you manage to win pie roulette, the programme is well written and informative and has loads of pages, albeit a bit 'samey' if you buy them too often, and the Kronie is cheaper than it is in town. Overall its a big :thumbsup:

Yes - the days of £6 to get in to the Goldstone and the ability to decide to go to the game a couple of hours before are long gone. I am not particularly fussed about the food or drink element.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
IMHO Albion fans get exception value for money ST-wise. Four hundred quid to sit in the North with transport thrown in? That'll do nicely! Of the optional extras, the pies are a wee bit pricey but good quality if you manage to win pie roulette, the programme is well written and informative and has loads of pages, albeit a bit 'samey' if you buy them too often, and the Kronie is cheaper than it is in town. Overall its a big :thumbsup:

Where does your money go though?

Pay dirt cheap prices to fund sweatshops or pay hundreds to line the pockets of footballers and agents?

I'd rather pay a sensible sum and those connected with the game don't earn early retirement by the age of 40.

The same goes for movie stars, other sportsmen, traders, ad infinitum.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
ST - Yes, without a doubt.

Matchday Ticket Price - NO. (especially as you can't always buy the cheaper, £28.00 tickets, only the £34.00 ones, even though they're plenty 'available'

Away Fans Ticket Prices - Too High.

Pie and a Pint - Ok when you purchase together and use your card.

Programme - First year that I've not bought one every game.

TCB summed it up pretty well IMO

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and IMO with 2 Universities on our doorstep we should be offering Student /Under 21 prices at reduced rates.

It fanciful to expect a student to be up and out of bed by 3pm isn't it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think this should be split into 2 options really:

1. Is it value for money for ST Holders (inc. 1901 etc.)

2. Is it value for money for Match Day Ticket purchasers.

It is coming through fairly strongly in this thread:

1. Yes

2. No

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where does your money go though?

Pay dirt cheap prices to fund sweatshops or pay hundreds to line the pockets of footballers and agents?

I'd rather pay a sensible sum and those connected with the game don't earn early retirement by the age of 40.

The same goes for movie stars, other sportsmen, traders, ad infinitum.

Has any footballer connected with the Albion taken early retirement at 40? At this level, these players still have to get a mortgage (apart from Bridge) and then coaching badges to continue working after their playing career comes to an end.
We might as well stop going to the cinema and buying music too.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The ST price is reasonable considering the great stadium and at the moment the relatively good football we're seeing.
Individual match prices are too high IMO as are away tickets.
Food and drink is expensive but when bought with your ST card and the 10% cash back it works out comaprable with pub prices.
Programme - is too expensive IMO. The quality is good but this is the first season I decided to stop buying them after the first couple of games.

My fear is that if we do get promotion then for many fans the ST prices may well exceed many peoples budgets. Personally I'm on about the limit I can afford at the moment and if we went up and the ST prices went up say 20% then I would be priced out.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think this should be split into 2 options really:

1. Is it value for money for ST Holders (inc. 1901 etc.)

2. Is it value for money for Match Day Ticket purchasers.

It is coming through fairly strongly in this thread:

1. Yes

2. No

Seeing as the vast majority of attendees at the Amex are ST holders, the overall answer must be YES. Personally I think it`s exceptional value....I have a superb seat close to the half-way line in the East, with the most marvellous view of the West Stand. It costs me less than £22 per game, and that includes travel (if I wanted it). As a comparison I've just paid £36 to watch Bath Rugby in a stadium that`s reminiscent of Withdean in a seat which is NOT padded, the view from which is far worse than my Amex seat.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Jesus the groovy gang in full motion mods and all, lovely.

There is an easy coherent answer and the club could sort this out and be careful of what you advocate as fair. The club proudly announced they were making travel optional as part of the move to the Amex then subsequently withdrew it and offer no alternative ;ike I have suggested where there is an amnesty for a week where the user has to prove to the club it is not required - very easy to do and also very customer friendly but alas not forthcoming.

I've only just noticed the groovy gang circle jerk, same old same old :yawn:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do tell why?

For me it's the best money I spend all month - the biggest value for money if you like - aside from trips overseas...

I don't believe that relatively large sums of money should be charged to line the pockets of players and their agents. The same goes for all sports and beyond.

Daft amounts of money spent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here