Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DK's Ultimate PR Stunt?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
OK - admittedly this may be a bit far fetched but...

DK is feeling the pressure after the Dean Wilkins/Micky Adams swap backfired horribly. Perhaps, for the first time, he is being seriously questioned by the fans and, more importantly, the Board.

So... he gets us all excited about Jim Gannon (who I for one knew very little about a week ago), tells us he is the man for the job and the man to take this club forward.

Jim Gannon then turns us down (although we have only heard this from DK - nothing from Stockport other than quoting DK and a quote from his assistant up there. Nothing from the man himself).

We are all gutted (because we all believe he is suddenly the saviour due to the build-up this week).

And then...

Jim changes his mind having been pursued by our Chairman and persuaded to come and join us.

We get our man (who never turned us down in the first place) and Dick is a hero for managing to lure him down here.

Admittedly this is probably rubbish and by tomorrow morning, Gannon will have probably come out and said how is staying at Stockport and never considered leaving - but anyway, thought I'd share a bit of my make-believe world with you...

Last edited:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
now is not the time for Dick Knight to be piss farting about. Either the guys in or out. And as far as we know he is OUT.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
now is not the time for Dick Knight to be piss farting about. Either the guys in or out. And as far as we know he is OUT.

I don't think Dick is 'piss farting' (which sounds lovely, by the way) about... I think he's finding it hard to 'sell' the dream of BHAFC...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, it's not one of the great conspiracy theories, is it?

I'd love to believe it was all that planned.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
OK - admittedly this may be a bit far fetched but...

DK is feeling the pressure after the Dean Wilkins/Micky Adams swap backfired horribly. Perhaps, for the first time, he is being seriously questioned by the fans and, more importantly, the Board.

So... he gets us all excited about Jim Gannon (who I for one knew very little about a week ago), tells us he is the man for the job and the man to take this club forward.

Jim Gannon then turns us down (although we have only heard this from DK - nothing from Stockport other than quoting DK and a quote from his assistant up there. Nothing from the man himself).

We are all gutted (because we all believe he is suddenly the saviour due to the build-up this week).

And then...

Jim changes his mind having been pursued by our Chairman and persuaded to come and join us.

We get our man (who never turned us down in the first place) and Dick is a hero for managing to lure him down here.

Admittedly this is probably rubbish and by tomorrow morning, Gannon will have probably come out and said how is staying at Stockport and never considered leaving - but anyway, thought I'd share a bit of my make-believe world with you...

Naively i have to say it crossed my mind that he's still coming, but not til monday...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here