Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Djokovic v Murray

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't believe on Sunday it's on Sky Sports 2.

I'm going to have to buy a day pass to watch.
Shirley that isn't VFM?

Places to watch Sir Bradley Wiggins’ hour record attempt

Sky Sports 2
Pick (Freeview channel 11)
Skysports.com
Sky Sports YouTube channel

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
33 shot rally to save break for Murray. Exhausting just listening it it on Radio 5. Then Murray won back from 0-40 down on his swerve, broke service and then lost his own break of service. Sounded like it was going to be another glorious defeat!

I can't stand tennis so I turned it off, then I heard the weather stopped play as there hints of bad light from Jovo. And hints that the wind was making it a lottery from the commentary.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Djokovic is simply a better player.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Don't really get this anti Murray business. Is he not British and playing against a foreigner ?He's by far the greatest tennis player this country has produced since Fred Perry, and he probably wasn't very good compared to the modern players of today.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't really get this anti Murray business. Is he not British and playing against a foreigner ?He's by far the greatest tennis player this country has produced since Fred Perry, and he probably wasn't very good compared to the modern players of today.
Ah, but he once made a joke about England losing at football, in response to a similar joke about Scotland losing/being crap, which is obviously a big no-no to some people.

Failing that, he gets blasted for being dull, after years of everyone just wanting a winner. Essentially, unless they're born in London and win everything whilst living like George Best then people won't like whoever the current British no.1 is.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Ah, but he once made a joke about England losing at football, in response to a similar joke about Scotland losing/being crap, which is obviously a big no-no to some people.

Failing that, he gets blasted for being dull, after years of everyone just wanting a winner. Essentially, unless they're born in London and win everything whilst living like George Best then people won't like whoever the current British no.1 is.

I think the majority of Brits cheer Murray on subconsciously anyway,a bit like when English teams play in Euope,I can't stand Man Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea etc week in week out,but sub consciously I find myself cheering them on when playing in Europe

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why is this not the final anyway? Murray is seeded 3. Usually the 1st seed plays seed 4 in the semi's and seeds 2 and 3 play in the other. Or is it cos it is the French and they have to be different?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why is this not the final anyway? Murray is seeded 3. Usually the 1st seed plays seed 4 in the semi's and seeds 2 and 3 play in the other. Or is it cos it is the French and they have to be different?

gallic_shrug.jpg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I don't think that's right, the first and third seeds are usually on the same side of the draw. Of course, it was further complicated this year as Rafas seeding was so low, putting him on that side of the draw as well. Whoever wins today (probably Novak unfortunately) will have to play 3 days in a row, but they are supremely fit, so should be ok - just hope it doesn't affect the final.

Djok isn't unbeatable, but Murray will have to make a lot less unforced errors if he's to hang in there. I thought Djok would win in straight sets, even though AM was in form, so getting a set is beyond my expectations. But, you never know, that's why sport is what it is, unpredictable.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I don't think that's right, the first and third seeds are usually on the same side of the draw. Of course, it was further complicated this year as Rafas seeding was so low, putting him on that side of the draw as well. Whoever wins today (probably Novak unfortunately) will have to play 3 days in a row, but they are supremely fit, so should be ok - just hope it doesn't affect the final.

Djok isn't unbeatable, but Murray will have to make a lot less unforced errors if he's to hang in there. I thought Djok would win in straight sets, even though AM was in form, so getting a set is beyond my expectations. But, you never know, that's why sport is what it is, unpredictable.

Not at SW1, 1st and 4th in top half, (ever since the old days when the winner got a straight bye to the following years final!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here