Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
No, it's a sport I'm shite at. More worried about next week's Masters snooker, which is the best tournament of the year IMO. 16 players competing so that means on average ONE of the field will test positive for Covid. :down:

Agree Durlston certainly my favourite tournament , I'm going Thursday and Friday next week and looking forward to it fingers crossed none of the players are impacted

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He simply has to be deported.

If he chooses not to be vaccinated then he has to understand that there are consequences for that choice. If they don't deport him then it sends out the message that there are no consequences and people will just do what they want.

Freedom comes with responsibility. We may be individuals, but we live in, and rely on a society around us in order to function, and that is why we have to act with collective responsibility.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you any good at Tennis? There might be a slot open in the Aussie Open on Monday.

Significantly, Djokovic is still in Australia, awaiting the arrival of the biggest, most expensive legal team in the world in court on Monday. So, he's not actually been put on a plane back yet.

We all know how ths is going to end ..................................

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Agree Durlston certainly my favourite tournament , I'm going Thursday and Friday next week and looking forward to it fingers crossed none of the players are impacted

I think all the snooker players are very sensible. Mark Williams had Covid very badly and it took him a long time to recover. I read about how everyone at Alexandra Palace will have to show proof of full jabs and wearing of masks.

You've picked two good days - the quarter-finals which will be all be close if the seeding goes to plan. I think John Higgins @ 9/1 is a decent bet considering his form this season.

I hope you enjoy the matches and stay safe mate. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Significantly, Djokovic is still in Australia, awaiting the arrival of the biggest, most expensive legal team in the world in court on Monday. So, he's not actually been put on a plane back yet.

..... and all he had to do was get vaccinated in 2021.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Melbourne is THE most lockdowned city in the world. They have had 6 complete lockdowns since the pandemic.

It's totally political this whole thing.

I don't watch tennis and don't give a sh*t about it but you can smell the politics of Vaxxers vs Anti, in this.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

With Djokovic living in limbo in Melbourne airport terminal like that fella they based that Tom Hanks movie on?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

CLASSIC electioneering by Morrison here ....blaming the victorian govt (labour) even though Novax was invited by tennis australia , in jumps scotty to deport the nasty ,unvaccinated serb......it's a joke situation and indicative of the cynical , redneck bellends running this country ....100% avoidable but gets Morrison's smug head on the tv and gets all the sheep watching ......Aus Open...?? shove it..!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
CLASSIC electioneering by Morrison here ....blaming the victorian govt (labour) even though Novax was invited by tennis australia , in jumps scotty to deport the nasty ,unvaccinated serb......it's a joke situation and indicative of the cynical , redneck bellends running this country ....100% avoidable but gets Morrison's smug head on the tv and gets all the sheep watching ......Aus Open...?? shove it..!!

I see what you did there!

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
They're just playing politics because of their obscene handling of the pandemic. Djokovic is an unlikable figure because he's from Eastern Europe and everyone loves Nadal and Federer so what better way to get votes than put him in a quarantine hotel with the other immigrants they mistreat. Apparently some have been there for more than 9 years, what a joke of a country.

5 other players are also already in Melbourne with the exact same visa and exception

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They're just playing politics because of their obscene handling of the pandemic. Djokovic is an unlikable figure because he's from Eastern Europe and everyone loves Nadal and Federer so what better way to get votes than put him in a quarantine hotel with the other immigrants they mistreat. Apparently some have been there for more than 9 years, what a joke of a country.

5 other players are also already in Melbourne with the exact same visa and exception

You could have just stopped at 'Djokovic is an unlikable figure. It's not where he comes from, it's his attitude, behaviour, on court antics and anti vax and I'll do what I like where I like nonsense that gets on people's rackets.

I'm sure they do treat immigrants badly but not sure what that's got to do with a libertarian bellend who doesn't give a crap about anyone else except himself and his beliefs, and is now suffering the inevitable consequences of his own actions

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
You could have just stopped at 'Djokovic is an unlikable figure. It's not where he comes from, it's his attitude, behaviour, on court antics and anti vax and I'll do what I like where I like nonsense that gets on people's rackets.

No professional sports star in recent years has been persecuted as much as him which mainly boils down to the media misquoting everything he says and the overall xenophobia against people from Baltic countries.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Comparing this multi millionaire tennis player with the average immigrant to Australia is perhaps over playing the victim card. Any country has the right to set its own rules and everybody needs to follow them or go elsewhere. That includes wealthy sports stars.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He simply has to be deported.

If he chooses not to be vaccinated then he has to understand that there are consequences for that choice. If they don't deport him then it sends out the message that there are no consequences and people will just do what they want.

Freedom comes with responsibility. We may be individuals, but we live in, and rely on a society around us in order to function, and that is why we have to act with collective responsibility.

Does that go for car drivers and other people polluting the world slowly making it uninhabitable or is it just when it comes to covid?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No professional sports star in recent years has been persecuted as much as him which mainly boils down to the media misquoting everything he says and the overall xenophobia against people from Baltic countries.

That's bollox, but hey ho. Not going to debate your view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here