Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIY websites

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
Any of you out there know any good programs for creating your own website? I want to botch something up myself, as I cant afford to pay a designer and have been told there are some pretty good DIY ones. Also it needs to host video.

Cheers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am told weebly is good, but I am a complete Luddite at things like that so just passing on what I've been told. I have no idea if it's true.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Get some cheap hosting with 1and1 (you can easily pay les that £10/m) and use Wordpress. Free software, brilliant control, easy to adapt, intuitive, lots of information and help online. Hope that helps.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You can host the video on YouTube, vimeo or viddler and then paste the code onto your website....

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
Get some cheap hosting with 1and1 (you can easily pay les that £10/m) and use Wordpress. Free software, brilliant control, easy to adapt, intuitive, lots of information and help online. Hope that helps.

I built my website on 1&1 and have to agree with the above, when your business grows you can also sign up for one of their marketing packages as well, they was recommended to me by someone on the know.

Both my website are DIY ones. Home I created in a few hours and have very limited web knowledge ( i dont know what HTML is or does for example!) All drag and drop. Auto resizes pictures.

Free 14 day trial and then £4.99 per month, from 123 reg, called site Fusion. My labels website is a basic ecommerce platform at a cost of £8.99 per month

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
Cheers all. I'll have a look at these later and check them out. I'm on Mac, does that affect any of these that you know? I had a quick look at Wordpress and it seems to be a bit of a ball ache on a Mac. But then again it could be very easy as i know feck all about these things.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i use mr site really easy to set up and use and quite cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here