Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIY Advice: From carpet to floorboards

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Put in laminate or proper wooden or parquet flooring (if you can afford it). Its infinitely easier, quicker, less messy, and looks better if done properly.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Put in laminate or proper wooden or parquet flooring (if you can afford it). Its infinitely easier, quicker, less messy, and looks better if done properly.

Take it from someone in the trade, Do NOT touch Laminate it is shit. Laminate does not look better and gets f***ed up by any spillage of water. :shrug:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Take up carpet and old underlay.

Replace with top grade underlay and a top quality wall to wall carpet.

Put back furniture.

Pay.

The end.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
dont know why people think there is so much dust, the lagler hummel machines are the best you can get and there 99% dust free... get the floors done by a pro like me. pm me if you want a quote

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Take it from someone in the trade, Do NOT touch Laminate it is shit. Laminate does not look better and gets f***ed up by any spillage of water. :shrug:

Whilst I agree, it's not the best, I have quite a bit of laminate and it has never yet been damaged by water (or cats throwing up on it). and some of it has been pulled up and re-laid several times (albeit by a builder, not me) But much of it will be gone soon (I hope).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Engineered wood flooring (veneer on a crossed ply base) is good and more stable than all solid wood flooring but laminate is generally crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here