Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Division 4 (sorry, League 2) playoff finall

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Oh come on, I have no problem at all with teams at that level getting something to aspire to. Yes, it will be two thirds empty, but for the players, it's probably a once in a lifetime experience, and who are we to deny them that?

Wow thats patronising ,seem to remember a few trips down south in league 2.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wow thats patronising ,seem to remember a few trips down south in league 2.

What are you talking about? I'm supporting the idea of hosting all the play offs at Wembley here. I'm not the one suggesting that teams with small support bases should be told to bugger off and play at Villa Park, or the Ricoh Arena, FFS.

No need to be prickly. I'd be exactly the same if it was us, during our Withdean days.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Going up in the right way by not overspending is the Rochdale way ,thats why we have been stuck in the nether regions for 200 years.One day we may play you again

Where on earth have you just popped up from??

I couldn't agree more, I've made the trip to Dale a couple of times and always found it to be a great club (and I'm a big Keith Hill fan, was a shame it didn't work out for him at Barnsley).

You seem to be trying to find slights on here when there are none. Jeez.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
What are you talking about? I'm supporting the idea of hosting all the play offs at Wembley here. I'm not the one suggesting that teams with small support bases should be told to bugger off and play at Villa Park, or the Ricoh Arena, FFS.

No need to be prickly. I'd be exactly the same if it was us, during our Withdean days.

Teams at that level comment seemed to stick out as being rather prickly as you mentioned ,i as a Dale fan have no axe to grind with anybody and am certainley not prickly ,it just came across like the saints fans a few years ago when we beat them 2-0 home and away with all the excuses under the sun ,dont get like them tossers FFS.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Where on earth have you just popped up from??

I couldn't agree more, I've made the trip to Dale a couple of times and always found it to be a great club (and I'm a big Keith Hill fan, was a shame it didn't work out for him at Barnsley).

You seem to be trying to find slights on here when there are none. Jeez.

Been here since Will Buckley signed ,have an interest other than him being an ex Daley.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teams at that level comment seemed to stick out as being rather prickly as you mentioned ,i as a Dale fan have no axe to grind with anybody and am certainley not prickly ,it just came across like the saints fans a few years ago when we beat them 2-0 home and away with all the excuses under the sun ,dont get like them tossers FFS.

No chance. I've spent enough time following the Albion around the arse end of the Football League to know the value of such places as Rochdale, Hartlepool, Irthlingborough & Torquay. Most of that time, we were as poor if not worse than those sides. Losing 4-0 at home to Darlington whilst exiled 70 odd miles away at Gillingham was a particular stand-out. Also, I've always had a sneaking admiration for those people devoted to clubs who play in the shadow of much bigger local sides- I can appreciate how easy it must be for kids in Rochdale to follow United or City (or kids in Nottingham to support Forest instead of County, say). There were enough poxy Liverpool fans in Sussex when I was a kid, so I dread to think what it's like if you go to school in Bury, or Oldham or Birkenhead & follow your local team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been here since Will Buckley signed ,have an interest other than him being an ex Daley.

Amazing how many decent forward players have passed through the Dale corridors in recent years.

Glenn Murray, Rickie Lambert, Buckley, someone else I'm forgetting momentarily...remind me?

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
No chance. I've spent enough time following the Albion around the arse end of the Football League to know the value of such places as Rochdale, Hartlepool, Irthlingborough & Torquay. Most of that time, we were as poor if not worse than those sides. Losing 4-0 at home to Darlington whilst exiled 70 odd miles away at Gillingham was a particular stand-out. Also, I've always had a sneaking admiration for those people devoted to clubs who play in the shadow of much bigger local sides- I can appreciate how easy it must be for kids in Rochdale to follow United or City (or kids in Nottingham to support Forest instead of County, say). There were enough poxy Liverpool fans in Sussex when I was a kid, so I dread to think what it's like if you go to school in Bury, or Oldham or Birkenhead & follow your local team.

You have my utmost apologies if i came across a little "prickly" ,i Hate teams who lose their roots ,i was born in Dale went to watch all the local teams in the 70s and 80s including City and Utd but never lost my love for the Dale.As a side issue i think i have seen you lot on your last 4 grounds ,the last one was in the away end when ulloa? scored a hat trick against Blackburn.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Amazing how many decent forward players have passed through the Dale corridors in recent years.

Glenn Murray, Rickie Lambert, Buckley, someone else I'm forgetting momentarily...remind me?

Le fondre at Reading ? we got paid **** all for them also ,Craig Dawson a centre back at WBA as ours as well ,good things for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Le fondre at Reading ? we got paid **** all for them also ,Craig Dawson a centre back at WBA as ours as well ,good things for him.

Le Fondre, that'll be the one. Think we paid about £300k for Murray. Le Fondre & Lambert went via other clubs to their present teams didn't they? I know Saints paid a million or so to Bristol Rovers for Lambert. Still some strikers that most L2 (now L1) sides would be proud to have had on their books.

Found myself by Spotland one day many years ago, not for football reasons, & we poked our noses in the door of the club shop. We practically got given a tour of the ground for free by some lovely member of staff. You don't get that if you stumble by Old Trafford or the Etihad. Similar happened at Halifax Town, before they ever redeveloped the Shay, & when we asked if we could have a look at the ground, the guy said "sure, just drive in". So we did. In the car, up the back of the cinder terrace at one end. We could have driven a lap of the track round the edge of the pitch if we'd wanted :lolol.

Lovely people at both clubs, have never forgotten that :thumbsup:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The chippie opposite the away end is the mutts nuts.Miss a good day out at Spotland been 4 times and seen 1 draw 3 defeats .

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Le Fondre, that'll be the one. Think we paid about £300k for Murray. Le Fondre & Lambert went via other clubs to their present teams didn't they? I know Saints paid a million or so to Bristol Rovers for Lambert. Still some strikers that most L2 (now L1) sides would be proud to have had on their books.

Found myself by Spotland one day many years ago, not for football reasons, & we poked our noses in the door of the club shop. We practically got given a tour of the ground for free by some lovely member of staff. You don't get that if you stumble by Old Trafford or the Etihad. Similar happened at Halifax Town, before they ever redeveloped the Shay, & when we asked if we could have a look at the ground, the guy said "sure, just drive in". So we did. In the car, up the back of the cinder terrace at one end. We could have driven a lap of the track round the edge of the pitch if we'd wanted :lolol.

Lovely people at both clubs, have never forgotten that :thumbsup:

You will always have a good reception at Dale and Halifax even though they are our roses neighbours they are a great club,i have a few good friends at Brighton who are also season ticket holders who i wont name here but will look forward to seeing them for a few beers next season.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
The chippie opposite the away end is the mutts nuts.Miss a good day out at Spotland been 4 times and seen 1 draw 3 defeats .

The chippy is a favourite with home and away fans ,plus ALL pubs are away fan friendly ,something i found to be poor at the Falmer.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Well a low turnout at the final ,Fleetwood took a pathetic 150ish to York in the Semi Final.

The tie was postponed due to bad weather. I assume not as many could make the rearranged fixture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here