Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Distgusting food van in north stand

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
Recently I've been watching a few games from the luxury of the roofed north stand. What I expected to find was a higher standard of food stall on offer to match the higher priced ticket. Obviously I was wrong. Not even equal food standards as the south stand but worse, much worse. The problem is that as there is only one place to buy food, the standards can be as bad as they like and they will still sell that rubbish. I'm not going to go on for ever but does anyone else think we deserve slightly better offerings in the food dept. Even a few pies would be better than that rubbish, burnt onions, limp burgers, overcooked sausages and hard chips. The condiments were wet, messy or run out. The whole stall is a joke. Is there nothing we can do to get this improved? :rant:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
Can you not go 105 minutes without eating?

Yes, and I will be from now on but when you come straight from work and you won't be getting home till late, it would be very handy to be able to have food at the ground. I shall be planning further ahead from now on.

Oh, and it's the only food stall in the ground that does not have a queue at half time.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Can you not go 105 minutes without eating?

Might have been taken in the wrong context. I've been going to The Albion (indeed any football) regularly since 1978, in that time ive bought about twelve quids worth (if worth is the right word?) of food in or around football stadia. It's shite and it always has been, i'd rather go hungry as it's never going to improve all the time fans pay it, it's up to you

Hot Gossiper

Jun 26, 2008
I'm amazed more people don't get ill from eating that crap. I've witnessed someone coming out of the blokes toilet without washing his hands, only to go and start serving food!! And none of the staff wear gloves and handle food & money. I personally wouldn't touch it........

It's not just the quality of the food in the North Stand stall that is so inferior to what's on offer in the South Stand catering area, it's the quality and speed of service. Each and every one of the South Stand outlets manages to serve at least twice as many customers in fifteen minutes than the North Stand booth can manage in twenty. And I've known the North Stand place run out of basics (like cooked bacon) when there are still DOZENS of people in the queue. Cook some more? Nah. They can't be bothered.

South Standers would RIOT if standards dropped to the level that North Standers have to put up with. The place is a disgrace.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's not just the quality of the food in the North Stand stall that is so inferior to what's on offer in the South Stand catering area, it's the quality and speed of service. Each and every one of the South Stand outlets manages to serve at least twice as many customers in fifteen minutes than the North Stand booth can manage in twenty. And I've known the North Stand place run out of basics (like cooked bacon) when there are still DOZENS of people in the queue. Cook some more? Nah. They can't be bothered.

South Standers would RIOT if standards dropped to the level that North Standers have to put up with. The place is a disgrace.

Tuesday night I heard the guy say they had no water as they had forgotten to get it out of the van!!!

Hot Chocolate is shit also.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
It's rubbish, I can't really believe that is an acceptable standard and not really sure why they are still there. I'm sure this has been put to Insider on a number of occasions and nothing has changed. Perhaps the club management should come and enjoy the delicacies they serve.

Best thing to do is avoid.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'm sorry, but the fact that the van sells over-priced shit food when it's the only choice is hardly a shock, is it? We all know it's crap and has been ever since we got back to Withdean, so it's easy enough to plan for it. If I go straight to a game from work I either make sure I get something decent to eat at lunchtime or go to a chippy on the way to the game. The only thing I ever buy from those robbers is an occasional cup of tea but at £1.20 even that's a bloody rip-off. Just give it a wide berth - if more of us did that then they'd have to improve it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here