Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dispatches

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Christian Fundmentalists are working behind the lines and pulling the strings of various religious and political activist groups. Mediawatch which evolved from the NVLA (Mary Whitehouse et al) sees itself as the champion of moral standards and wants to dictate what media is allowed to show as not to offend the general public. They try at all levels to influence the argument on tightening censorship.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I'm All For Reducing The Amount Of Bad Language That You Get On TV. It's Totally Unnecessary Although With ****s Like Jonathan Ross He Seems To Get Paid Extra For It.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Christian Fundmentalists are working behind the lines and pulling the strings of various religious and political activist groups. Mediawatch which evolved from the NVLA (Mary Whitehouse et al) sees itself as the champion of moral standards and wants to dictate what media is allowed to show as not to offend the general public. They try at all levels to influence the argument on tightening censorship.

Erm, why shouldn't they? While you and I might not agree with them, it is a foundation of democracy that people can campaign for what they believe to be right. Equally, those who disagree should oppose them with an energy that matches their own convictions. That's kinda how it works.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Erm, why shouldn't they? While you and I might not agree with them, it is a foundation of democracy that people can campaign for what they believe to be right.

Interesting in that respect then how the subjects of the film were forceful in stopping other Christians who they felt were .. er "off message"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And those five year old tots who were being taught at school that we should thank Jesus otherwise all sinners would all be turned into salt, because we KNOW that really used to happen to people, don't we? Utterly repulsive, as was seeing a kid writing that the earth was created in six days in a SCIENCE test??!

All of that was even more digusting than the array of rather unchristianly-tetchy goofy-toothed freakshow loners who campaign against mosques, gays, abortion etc. f*** EM ALL with their eternally-cretinous loathesome superstitious witchcraft for the simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here