Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disillusioned

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
3 managers in 2 years won't get you promoted, you need consistency not upheaval.

Which is why the first thing NSC does when the team hits a bad patch is to call for a change of managers...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Which is why the first thing NSC does when the team hits a bad patch is to call for a change of managers...

No. The first thing that happens is Barber is blamed. Then Burke, then the Manager.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No. The first thing that happens is Barber is blamed. Then Burke, then the Manager.

I was thinking back over the past decade, but upon reflection, you're probably right, mutatis mutandis.

First insist that Dick Tight bankrupt himself. Then blame the manager. We were so skint in those days there was no Director of Football whose head we could call for.

Our chances receded the second Oscar resigned. If he'd stayed and had a proper pre-season and tweaked the squad to suit how he wanted to play then we might be able to expect another shot at the top 6.

We'll never know of course but for me he took the squad rapidly backwards last season and I would have expected the same this season. Not down to him solely of course, he was a misfit here and to his credit he recognised that without even haggling for a pay off.

Stumpy Tim

Whoever took over last season was on to a loser. Forget the injuries to key players like Ulloa & Crofts. Poyet was one of the greatest managers we've ever had - it was always going to be hard to top that. I sometimes wonder whether some people knew how good Poyet was.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Whoever took over last season was on to a loser. Forget the injuries to key players like Ulloa & Crofts. Poyet was one of the greatest managers we've ever had - it was always going to be hard to top that. I sometimes wonder whether some people knew how good Poyet was.

People, and not just the odd perma-misery losers, quite a lot of people, wanted Poyet sacked. Think of that. They thought the football we played was boring, and wanted him gone. Mental.

Jan 30, 2008
Am I the only one that has become completely Disillusioned with what's going on at the Albion? 3 years in a row now our start to a season has been a complete shambles...I'm sick of watching very dull football and I'm sick of seeing our best players leave and being replaced by inferior quality or not being replaced full stop. Furthermore with rumour rife that Sami is really unhappy and has offered his resignation suggests that the club is in turmoil. I have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in many years which grieves me greatly as I love my club, but I'm not prepared to pay another £600 which is a top end price for the championship to watch poor football. You wouldn't pay for fillet steak and accept braising in return would you?

Welcome to the fold mate , why not join us for a beer you know where :hilton:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here