Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Disheartening behaviour

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Do you still go to gigs, particularly large venues, famous acts?

Half the audience in the last 10 or 15 years now concentrate on filming on their phone, then rush to download tracks to Instagram. In essence lifestyle boasting.

Wasn’t life simpler pre smart phones? I literally went to dozens of amazing gigs at the Dome or Suite, and some others further afield, with 2,000 punters packed in to have some beers with mates, then to be in awe of the musical idols.

Definitely not jealous of younger folk now unable to live in the moment, absorbing history.

I get so wound up by that in the North Stand in front of me whenever we have a free kick or penalty (or even corner to be honest). People are willing to sacrifice the brilliant moment of your team scoring and the celebrations in order to have a shit video of the goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People want their tinpot 5 minutes of fame on Instagram or the like. Jockeying to be the first poster.

I recall the police saying that they grabbed phones (probably illegally, but who cares) off ********s filming the burning and dying at the Shoreham Air Disaster. People in the newly formed traffic jam rushing over, not to help.

Not just members of the public behaving highly inappropriately. Two probationary police officers were forced to resign for taking a video selfie at the crash scene they were supposed to be guarding

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
xo8XpBXW4Iosa9sLCp5h1Tp-WmWlD3vqU2gtRyMb_bw.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I get so wound up by that in the North Stand in front of me whenever we have a free kick or penalty (or even corner to be honest). People are willing to sacrifice the brilliant moment of your team scoring and the celebrations in order to have a shit video of the goal.

Edit Amex version [emoji23]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I did that once from WSU, Barnes scoring a pen a few years ago, but haven’t done that sort of thing since. I might video a packed Amex before KO, purely for us to admire later, not for social media.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Scummers. In fairness, I’ve seen Spaniards in their homeland do exactly the same.

Often over the years including this one, I often spend a little bit of time clearing up litter. Sad perhaps, but satisfying.

I used to go camping quite a bit in France and Spain (when younger), often off the beaten track not on camp sites. The fly tipping was unbelievable, seriously mountains of all sorts of cr*p

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to go camping quite a bit in France and Spain (when younger), often off the beaten track not on camp sites. The fly tipping was unbelievable, seriously mountains of all sorts of cr*p

I've seen Spanish on their beaches let their plastic bags and a load of other litter blow into the Med, and not give a damn.

They get knocked as too controlling, but nations such as Singapore could teach westerners a thing or two about respect.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I agree with what you're saying, the people leaving rubbish on the beaches will be the same idiots who throw rubbish out of car windows. No respect for anyone or anything.

I really dislike a proportion of my countrymen.

And many of them no doubt think it disgraceful about the amount of plastic waste in our oceans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ive come to the conclusion that they don’t give a shit. Not their problem.

:nono:

Many people don’t give a damn about wildlife or the environment. Should an article come on the news about a whale or turtle found full of plastic bags, a quick zap of the remote control will ensure that thicko deliberately doesn’t get to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here