Disgrace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not sure whether anyone's talked about this so far, cos I haven't been able to scour the site properly this morning, but...

So ok, we were up against it last night, ten men against 13 at times, with some seriously dodgy refereeing decisions and the like. But we've got to calm down when we're getting angry.

I, like everyone there, was wound up and angry at the ref and about the performance of the team, but the twats who tried to get on the pitch / fight with stewards / throw things on the pitch, I mean come on! Sort it out. We're putting in all this hard work to get Falmer, but all it needs is a couple of c**ts to cause trouble and we're f****d.

I had a stand-up row with a couple of lads last night, and if you read NSC and were there last night you'll know who I am (red beanie hat, glasses, blue and brown jacket, about ten rows back just to the left of the goal) because it makes me mad to see people potentially screwing up our cause. Calm down, don't blow it all away.

Thankfully, a few people around agreed with me and and it soon diffused, but please think before getting this aggressive. We don't need it at this time. We don't need it ever.

I chatted to a couple of lads on the train home last night - good to meet you btw - and they commented on the racism in the crowd last night, too. I didn't hear anything myself, but they said there was a lot of racist sh*t hurled at the ref, even before he started making those terrible decisions. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. For f*ck's sake, grow up. Racism is wrong, full-stop, no matter how much of a tosser you think the referee is. For Christ's sake, we've got two black players in our own side - how is that sort of sh*t going to effect Leon and Trevor?

Right, rant over, but please please get behind the Falmer campaign. Don't jeopardise it.

Dandyman

In London village.
eastlondonseagull said:
Not sure whether anyone's talked about this so far, cos I haven't been able to scour the site properly this morning, but...

I chatted to a couple of lads on the train home last night - good to meet you btw - and they commented on the racism in the crowd last night, too. I didn't hear anything myself, but they said there was a lot of racist sh*t hurled at the ref, even before he started making those terrible decisions. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. For f*ck's sake, grow up. Racism is wrong, full-stop, no matter how much of a tosser you think the referee is. For Christ's sake, we've got two black players in our own side - how is that sort of sh*t going to effect Leon and Trevor?

Right, rant over, but please please get behind the Falmer campaign. Don't jeopardise it.

I did n't hear any racist stuff. Can anybody verify this ?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Couldn't agree more. I didn't hear racist abuse of the ref (although to be fair he did get a lot of other justified abuse given his performance) but the singing of small town in Delhi is not going to endear us to Luton fans (or any others for that matter)

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I was not there but the singing of your just a small town near Delhi that is funny whats the problem?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
you'll know who I am (red beanie hat, glasses, blue and brown jacket, about ten rows back just to the left of the goal)

you sound so cool and trendy :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said eastlondonseagull, I wholeheartedly agree. The usual banter is fine, but there's always some idiots who have to overstep the mark, and that doesn't do us any favours whatsoever. Especially at this time, which is undoubtedly the most crucial in the clubs history.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Personally, I didn't hear any racist stuff (and I was listening pretty hard, because with the ref's performance, I thought it was a distinct possibility - but obviously still completely unacceptable). Regarding the "small town in Delhi" chant, I didn't perceive this as racially motivated, but I could be wrong. If I am, and there was other racial abuse aimed at the ref, then that is worrying.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Easy10 you resort to abuse quite easliy I see.

Meade's ball I suppose it depends on who you are but I reckon the does your boyfriend know your here/ do you take it up the arse etc is funny the fact is Luton has a massive Indian/Pakistani community just like Brighton has a small but significant gay one, football is about rivalry and winding up the opposing fans for many and songs are a large part of that for me that one is a funny song.

For you it is not thats fair enough.

The racist abuse of a person is wrong although I doubt many can say they have never ever done it even if they kept their thoughts to themselves. So i agree with the original poster on that but the song bit i say lighten up a bit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
SM BHAFC said:
I was not there but the singing of your just a small town near Delhi that is funny whats the problem?

It might be mildly funny if Luton actually *was* in some way near Delhi. But actually, I think you'll find Brighton is closer. And Luton is hardly Bradford or Leicester anyway is it.

You'd have to be racist to find that funny.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
SM BHAFC said:
Easy10 you resort to abuse quite easliy I see.

Meade's ball I suppose it depends on who you are but I reckon the does your boyfriend know your here/ do you take it up the arse etc is funny the fact is Luton has a massive Indian/Pakistani community just like Brighton has a small but significant gay one, football is about rivalry and winding up the opposing fans for many and songs are a large part of that for me that one is a funny song.

For you it is not thats fair enough.

The racist abuse of a person is wrong although I doubt many can say they have never ever done it even if they kept their thoughts to themselves. So i agree with the original poster on that but the song bit i say lighten up a bit.

When did someone decide that 'does your boyfriend know you're here' was OK to chant at us? I must have missed that decree. If that's what you are using to justify your rascist chant then you really have no idea what constitutes rascism or bigotry do you?

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Simster I must be racist then!!!

Hamilton I don't know has someone done that? what I said was I find in amusing. And yes I do have some idea about what constitutes racism and bigtotry but is is not the highly sensitive over the top PC crap that that many seem to subscribe to these days.

We will never know but I wonder how many of those poor sensitive Luton fans were really offended by the chant and in fact how many BHA fans are offended by the up the arse cant sit down stuff?

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
lighten up chaps..at the end of the day its a chant aimed as banter between rival fans from a distance .. hardly up front and personal .

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There was some appauling racism from one or two individuals towards the end, one of whom I was under the impression was banned from every ground in England and has acute mental ilness (thats not a joke, but I am sure more than a few of you know who I mean), but apart from him and 1 other I heard nothing at all and witnessed most of the handbagesque incidents after the penalty decision.

The Delhi thing is pretty unaccepatble, but some who sang it I dont think quite realised what it was all about until it petered away, but thats not an excuse.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
eastlondonseagull said:
It is racially motivated balloonboy, definitely. There's a huge Asian community in Luton, and that was the point of the song. Presumeably.

Yep, I am aware of the Asian community. I wouldn't want to defend the chant if the perpetrator had anything abusive in mind. It's concevable that it was meant as a straight comment that with such a high proportion of Asians in Luton, it's akin to being in Delhi. I know this argument sounds cr*p, but at the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder - if the Asian community in Luton find such chanting offensive, then there's no way I would condone it. I am just not convinced that whoever started it had really thought through the potential negative connotations.

Anyway, as I'm digging myself a deeper hole, I'll give up. It would be simply horrendous to see any kind of racism creeping back on to the terraces.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lets sing something that doesn't have racial overtones to it then. And wind them up about something other than how many Asians live in their town.
Perhaps something about it being possibly the shittest place i have ever been to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports