Gwen McCrae- Keep the fire burning.

Gwen McCrae- Funky Sensation.

I still can't do the you tube link thing on my IPad. :nono:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Greg Henderson - Dreamin'. I can't remember how to do the You Tube link trick & won't even try on an IPad.

This would be a good one to put on here if someone can do it.
Another good early 80s tune, a mate from school that was a DJ made me a tape with this on it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Thanks guys. Some really great stuff on here. I spent most on yesterday evening taking it in.

Druv - That TSOP album is no longer available in the UK. It looks brilliant so it may have to become a quest to find in in second hand record stores and the like.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Nice topic, Im into 80s Soul and Boogie- if you wana fix then a via Tune In Radio on you phones and look for JFSR (Jazz Funk Soul Radio). Continuous choons 24/7 and 75% by live DJs, DJ Trix is on now, the url is www.jfsr.co.uk
late May Bank hoilday is a JFSR weekender at Hastings,Bless The Funk. Im going,Ive been to the last 3 in Clacton and awesome music,quality people and happy faces :)

Stomp Radio and Solar Radio are also pretty good - both on TuneIn

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Thanks guys. Some really great stuff on here. I spent most on yesterday evening taking it in.

Druv - That TSOP album is no longer available in the UK. It looks brilliant so it may have to become a quest to find in in second hand record stores and the like.

Picked this up for a couple of quid recently from a vinyl store in Camden Market:

o9cr.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What I (seriously) want is a definitive playlist of Robbie Vincent's Sound of Sunday night Radio 1 show. Funktastic bath time listening, that was.

"And if it moves...funk it"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
D Train - You're the one for me,

Another early early 80s favourite of mine. ( sorry still no YouTube link)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What I (seriously) want is a definitive playlist of Robbie Vincent's Sound of Sunday night Radio 1 show. Funktastic bath time listening, that was.

"And if it moves...funk it"

Before Radio 1 Vincent had a Saturday lunchtime show on Radio London, essential listening for funkateers, but as a live DJ he was rubbish Chris Hill, Pete Tong and Froggy etc where much better.
I dont have time now but over the weekend I will add some tunes from the one and only Frankie Beverly and Maze.
Oh, and in my opinion the best disco tune ever was George McCrea with the extended version of Rock Your Baby.

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Before Radio 1 Vincent had a Saturday lunchtime show on Radio London, essential listening for funkateers, but as a live DJ he was rubbish Chris Hill, Pete Tong and Froggy etc where much better.
I dont have time now but over the weekend I will add some tunes from the one and only Frankie Beverly and Maze.
Oh, and in my opinion the best disco tune ever was George McCrea with the extended version of Rock Your Baby.

I've still got 4 cassettes of Robbies Saturday night show on Radio 1. I've converted two to mp3. I was an avid RV fan of both his radio London show and the R1 show and still consider his choice of material for the dinner time show as a major force on the London scene. I met him a couple of years ago at a Jazz Cafe Bobby Womack show. His lack of ego was probably why he was better at radio than public appearance work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here