Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

disappointing result

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is anyone else disappointed with todays result?

How can we beat top of the table one week and draw to the bottom the next? Thats the sort of inconsistancy you expect from a mid-table team.

Its not good enough, and points to some fundamental problem in the team that seems to be going unchecked.
???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sorry my friend but at the moment the football is just a side show.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely.
As Harty said, it was a demo that was interrupted by a game of football. Events off the field are once again overtaking those on it. At least we're not on the brink of the Conference this time though.

Promotion or Falmer ? Does that question really need answering ?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
the singing AFTER full time was the only important thing for me tonight. emotional stuff:clap:

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
Look at it this way...we're still in a playoff position, with a game in hand. With all the off-field events this week, the players did well to stay focused, regardless of whether we were playing a team at the top or bottom of the league.

1 point is better than 0 points, and Roberts going off injured didn't help matters.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agreed... a good point in the circumstances... new goalie, Jones, apparently played well...

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Gareth Glover said:
I am sorry my friend but at the moment the football is just a side show.

Come on where's the optimism?

I backed Watson too score the first goal and Albion to win 4-0 1630/1 that was.

Fottball may be secondry at the mo, but we still need to win the sodding games or we no point having a new ground.

We need both not one or the other.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Best thing would be to get to the playoff final make a load of cash but lose get Falmer approve and work from there, could really do withoiut the higher wages and demoralising stuffings week week out that could well happen on a return to division one especially with the side we have at the moment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
just think

the players (hopefully ) like us are worried about falmer/surviving

with this on there minds i'm suprised they got a draw!

:clap: btw did you see danny cullip nearlly got lead off by a copper ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What football match

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Couldn't agree more.The current team would not survive in Div 1.Look at how Forest are struggling .Promotion can wait until Falmer is built

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
The football today was second fiddle, I for one found the megaphone more entertaining that the game! That aside we were lucky to come away with a point so a point gained a good laugh and a good protest!!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
beorhthelm said:
Is anyone else disappointed with todays result?

How can we beat top of the table one week and draw to the bottom the next? Thats the sort of inconsistancy you expect from a mid-table team.

Its not good enough, and points to some fundamental problem in the team that seems to be going unchecked.
???

What the f*** are you on? This kind of thing happens loads! Team at the bottom needs to win...we embarrased them last time round now they want revenge...cup finial for them. They really need the points coz there at the bottom...fight, win every challenge. I expected it.

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
The game itself never really got going, in my opinion neither side deserved to win. We didn’t play very well but neither did Wycombe. I got the feeling that some of the players got a little distracted by all the goings on off the pitch and to be honest so did I. As has been said before, the only important thing at the moment is the Falmer decision, promotion would just be a bonus.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
quite frankly from now on the football means NOTHING.

if falmer goes down the toilet, it wont matter if we are top by 15 points.
no new ground = no albion. pure and simple.

the fact the players turn up for work each day and play on saturday is simply incredible considering what is going on off the pitch. they must have felt let down this week along with everyone else after that idiot inspector dropped his bomb shell.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
marvin said:
Come on where's the optimism?

I backed Watson too score the first goal and Albion to win 4-0 1630/1 that was.

Fottball may be secondry at the mo, but we still need to win the sodding games or we no point having a new ground.

We need both not one or the other.

Come on Marvin, a 1-1 draw is actually an improvement in our away form!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here