Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty restaurants - interactive map

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If a business gets a rating of zero, they either need to up their game or go out of business - through this bad publicity, prosecution or dying customers - surely?

Why do they? If their grub is good surely it should speak for itself? That chippy up the side of Finnegans (or whatever its called now) does great chips and is always busy and that gets a 0. I've never been killed when I've eat there.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why? It's the restaurants duty to keep the place clean, if they are not doing this then everyone should know, maybe now they'll make more of an effort.

But it's bullshit though. My local got knocked down a point because they only had one sink (it's a small pub) so veggies were being washed in the same sink as the washing up was being done (not at the same time obviously). So ****ing what? Is that not what everyone does at home?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A few surprising places given a 1, that said I used to work in a 5 with some appalling hygiene standards so it isn't worth reading to much into these.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Why do they? If their grub is good surely it should speak for itself? That chippy up the side of Finnegans (or whatever its called now) does great chips and is always busy and that gets a 0. I've never been killed when I've eat there.

They've only got be lucky once.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
A business can serve up the best food and have the cleanest kitchen, but get a score of 1 if they don't keep their paperwork up to scratch!

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Certain outlets, especially major chains will have an "understanding" with the local authorities, they will have some kind of knowledge as to when these authorities are likely to pay their premises a visit, therefore they will catch up on X amount of paperwork overnight.

I worked for a major brewery for many years and was always warned at least a week in advance to expect a visit and to make sure everything was in order. I generally scored well but I didn't have much to catch up on as I liked to keep everything in order

There is also the unfair visit for certain outlets that tend to have their visit at the most busiest of times when operations may well be at a level that makes them look untidy, but the business 5 doors down from them that takes 10 times as much money always seem to get their visit before anybody starts work, so is therefore still clean and tidy from the night before.

NOT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here