Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dirty Leeds

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A more attractive location could be our old pals at Burnley.

Surely Kompany is going to try and play progressive football up there (like he did last season) rather than the (normally effective) shite Dyche squatted out at the top level?

They relied on loans quite heavily last season, they might be a good location for our players that just miss out on the 1st team squad such as Moder or Adingra.
From what I've heard Moder has a lengthy spell out to come

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There's an article in The Athletic about the new Leeds chairman titled:

The Premier League needs us, they know that.

He'll fit in nicely with their fanbase. Here's some quotes from the article:

“I hate the fact that we didn’t get the chance to stay in the Premier League,”

"The Premier League needs Leeds. Call it whatever you want. The way we play. The tenacity in which we play. Our history. The Premier League needs us. They know that they need us because we make the league more special. "

“There is something different about Leeds. It is not like these other clubs. A lot of these clubs have had great success. Better success than we have had. But we have something that they do not have. ”

"I have always had a chip on my shoulder..."

Plenty to get stuck into there.

Full article here:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

"The Premier League needs Leeds. Call it whatever you want. The way we play. The tenacity in which we play. Our history. The Premier League needs us. They know that they need us because we make the league more special. "

“There is something different about Leeds. It is not like these other clubs. A lot of these clubs have had great success. Better success than we have had. But we have something that they do not have. ”

Full article here:
What a knob

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

Whilst the rest of us will roll our eyes at such an article, it is exactly what Leeds fans want to hear. It plays into their embattled/entitled psyche, everybody hates us because we're Leeds and they're 'jealous'. It'll get air time, as Sky will literally cream themselves over such statements. The people coming in may be another car crash in waiting, but they know how to do PR and work the media angle. Just another day in the circus/pantomime of football 😁

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Full article here:
That's extraordinary!

I particularly like, "The Premier League needs Leeds. Call it whatever you want. The way we play. The tenacity in which we play. Our history. The Premier League needs us. They know that they need us because we make the league more special. "

How did the poor Premier League grow to be so dominant the way it did without Leeds?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
They are not wrong though are they? I mean I would struggle to name 91 other teams I would rather were in the Premier League than them.

Mainly because I prefer them over pompey...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's going to be delicious to see what happens if they start the season badly.
They're already starting to spend a bit of money, so they should, on paper, do well.

Let's hope not though.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Careful - Burnley are a league rival as far as we know - let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Don’t think we’ve ever loaned a player to another prem club apart from Duffy that I can remember - very rare.
We loaned Maty Ryan to Arsenal...

...and of course Ben White to Premier League Champions Of Europe THE Leeds United, when they were themselves on loan to the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here