Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Leeds United

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Isn't a sponsor name illegal within a club name in the FL / PL ???

May get away with RB Leeds though.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
PSV Eindhoven have set a European precedent that may make it tricky to turn down another

TNS re the only other other club I can think of where sponsorship changed name. Were they not required to change from total network solutions to the new saints?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
TNS re the only other other club I can think of where sponsorship changed name. Were they not required to change from total network solutions to the new saints?

they changed when Total Network Solutions pulled out after they were bought by BT. "The New Saints" was agreed on as appropriate to the clubs' history — Llansantffraid was always known as "The Saints", while Oswestry had strong connections with Saint Oswald, while handily retaining the initials "TNS". A new club badge was also developed at the same time, featuring a dragon to represent Llansantffraid and a lion representing Oswestry

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hate Leeds with a passion but they should be in the top 6 of the prem

Why? Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U are all bigger clubs. Now throw in Spurs, Man City as equal if not bigger clubs, and add Villa/Birmingham as a bigger city, and they are THE archetypal northern scum alongside Burnley. Plus Newcastle and Everton would like to be in the mix. Leeds, like Sheffield, LOL!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Never really warmed to Leeds, David O'Leary and his 100 million pound babies. Nevertheless, they should be top 2 in the premier league year after year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is rather surprising because I was told by an ex pro that footballers are banned by most clubs from drinking Red Bull for fear of failing a random drug test at training.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I dunno how Red Bull have any money flogging that sugar-laden fizzy piss; at least fosters lager is (just about) alcoholic.

I thought I should have a look through to check that nobody has posted this reply.
They sponsor nearly everything they must spend millions on Formula One alone. I don't think a worse drink has been made, even Irn bru is nicer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here