Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Directions to Burton

Jul 7, 2003
M6 toll is not cheap but worth every penny at peak times to get quickly around Birmingham rather than spending over an hour crawling through the traffic.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
A23-M23-M25-M1 Juct 24A-A50-A38-Burton Clay Mills turn off. In normal traffic, the journey will take 3-3.5 hours.

This is the way that I would go if coming from the south. Just miss out Birmingham altogether. If you think that it is the long way round compared to turning off earlier onto the eternally slow and busy single lane A511, just pull into Leicester Services and compare the 2 routes on Google Maps with live traffic conditions.
(If you do go M40/M42, there is no need to pay to go on the Toll part, as the A38 is a normal road running parallel to the M6 Toll up to Lichfield.)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
(If you do go M40/M42, there is no need to pay to go on the Toll part, as the A38 is a normal road running parallel to the M6 Toll up to Lichfield.)

So if you leave the M6 toll at exit T4 for the A38 you won't get stung for the toll fees?

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Drove up to Leicester today for work. Went up the M1, and currently have speed restrictions from about junction 15/16 area up to just past 19. 50mph limit. Just bear that in mind. ;)

If youre doing the M42 come off a junction 10 (tamworth) then the A5 to where it meets the A38 at Lichfield then that to the clay mills turning and take the road towards town centre ... pirelli will be on your right
.... well thats the way i would take and i live in lichfield area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here