Dinner or Supper

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I need an argument settling and NSC WILL have the correct answer somewhere amongst the wrong ones :D

What is the meal that you eat in the evening? I'm not talking about the slap up candelabra out meals that you may have friends around for but your bog standard after work evening meal?

Is it dinner or supper???

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dinner.

supper is when you have a bowl of cereal at about 9 oclock or before you go to bed.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Dinner dinner dinner dinner batman?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Jesus actually had the Last Dinner not the Last Supper??

I'm not liking the responses so far btw :angry:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Barrel of Fun said:
Dinner. Although I sometimes say Supper.

A friend from the Midlands calls uses Dinner instead of Lunch, which doesn't make sense at all.

It must be a northern monkey thing because all my mates in wolverhampton call lunch dinner aswell!

I call it dinner aswell, or even tea if im a bit early!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:
Dinner. Although I sometimes say Supper.

A friend from the Midlands calls uses Dinner instead of Lunch, which doesn't make sense at all.

It was allways breakfast, dinner and tea when I was a nipper. Now it's breakfast, lunch and dinner.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Supper is the name for the evening meal in some dialects of English - ordinarily the last meal of the day, usually the meal that comes after dinner.

The term is derived from the French souper, which is still used for this meal in Quebec French and sometimes in Belgian French. It is related to soup. It is also related to the German word for soup, Suppe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports