Dilemma - Girlfriend Vs Albion. HELP.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
BrightonBird said:
Good one Gritt. In future find a girl who supports BHAFC or wait until there are more important things in life than watching football:jester:

I've tried, believe me I've tried to find a girlfriend that supports the Albion, but just no joy. Hang on, what you doing Friday night?

A mate of mine (big fan) is married to a girl who has as a result of their love become a big fan. their first date was away to Barnet (do you remember the Ifejiagwa game that poured down all day? yep, it was that one.).

She's lovely, and a big fan, he's a very lucky man.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
SURELY if she was in the same position you'd let her go, knowing that keeping her at home would be under duress.

The again I've been single since 1999 so granted I'm not the greatest at the old 'give and take' malarky

:)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Richie Morris said:
You are now officially my hero

I am truly not worthy.

However, I was particularly proud of that stunt. She was just so chuffed at my jesture. She did even say to a couple of my mates the following week how I'd taken her out last Wednesday, and missed a game. They played up to it, and gave me a knowing grin when it dawned on them why they hadn't been at the Goldstone that evening either.

Marvellous scenes.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
football is life , the rest is mere detail !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't go but thats because i am in serious need of sex.

Maybe you go and i do the boyfriend bit for ya until you return, i will try not to put your performance between the sheets t shame though.:clap:

Lush

Mods' Pet
You can do it jonny boy but it aint gonna be cheap.

Basically you need to pull out the stops the Saturday night before (after Sheff.Wed. of course). Champagne, nice meal, or a night away in a posh hotel, jewellery, the works. Then she'll have nothing to moan about on the day.

Want to really make sure you can go? Ask her to marry you on the Saturday night!

Jul 21, 2003
have you thought of this: she knows you really wanna go, so build it up tell her how important the game is (but it isnt the end of the world is it i mean there will be far more bigger games like promotion/relegation play offs, semi-finals ok im getting carried away now, but you know what i mean) then by not going she will really find it hard not to support what you wanna do on another occasion. Ok you have to lose out but you have a great chance of winning far more in the longer run .

You can always descreatly check the score on ya mobile but make sure its turned off so she doesnt know you're even checking but concentrating on her. One final thought apologise for even thinking of not dping what she would like to on her birthday and sound like you mean it; if you do generally the other person will find it very difficult (but is also far more willing/happy) to accomodate you in the future. In longer term you can keep her abreast with what the real important games are such that she can actually be supportive and make it happen for you that you might even find she's the one booking the w/end away when we next play Boro or whoever in the cup.

Good luck, been there before and i learned the hard way you cant run your life by BHA even though you wanna, sometimes other people come first.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Johnny boy it's my husband's birthday too.

It says a lot to me that you didn't realise the date was her birthday. It really depends on how much you value her.

Either Lush's idea of splashing out on the Saturday before or Richie's idea of staying somewhere in York or Beverley should do it.

If she's still being unreasonable then forget it.

Loops

Jul 5, 2003
Up North..
1) Take her out the night before.. (make it a decent night thou.. like Lush says.. it could cost abit.. and might soften the blow after number 3)

2) Ring round all her female mates and family, arrange a birds night in/out for the night of her birthday.. and by arrange i mean.. tell them the place and the time..

3) Match day.. do all the birthday stuff.. then break it to her that ur going. When she complains.. simply explain that she's got all night to bitch about you on her fantastic ladies night which you've had 'planned for a long time'..

.. Well it could work?!.. right?.. :lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Been there, done that.

1984. Gf's birthday was the same day we played Liverpool in the Cup. She suggested I might like to miss the game and take her out. Definite 'no' to that. Then she pointed out that it was also live on telly and I could stay in and be with her at least. Bollox to that as well. I went to the game, of course, and we won - it would have killed me not to be there.

Sadly she still married me five weeks later. Daft cow wanted a skiing honeymoon (ie during footy season) and I had to miss the Man City away game (still managed to announce the halftime score in my groom's speech, though).

Use this as an opportunity for HER to show YOU how much she loves you. If she really does, she'll let you go.

Otherwise, dump her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports