Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Stadium Albion app

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've had the DS app for a while and whilst it is OK, often updates are way behind (15-20 mins not uncommon). Is there any way to force a refresh ? Is it dependent on having a phone signal (which is intermittent in WSL at best)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
excellent work fellas

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just one request.
In the next update, can you call the Premier League by its correct name?
Otherwise, it looks great and I'm sure it'll get well used (once the connectivity is added).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will it work on my ipod? Or does it need the phone signal?

It says it's compatible with the Ipod Touch. It may not need a phone signal as that is the idea behind the app, it's a mass wi-fi network taking data from those devices that have managed to get a phone signal. Try it, you can always delete it if it fails to work.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It says it's compatible with the Ipod Touch. It may not need a phone signal as that is the idea behind the app, it's a mass wi-fi network taking data from those devices that have managed to get a phone signal. Try it, you can always delete it if it fails to work.

Awesome, thanks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Downloaded on to my iphone now, looks useful. Will look forward to trying it on Saturday.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Ok I've been looking forward to this being released on the iphone and have it downloaded. Do I need to do anything like connect to something? As for someone who has ZERO connectivity (O2) when in the stadium, I really hope this works!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Will be using for the first time today myself.

Hope it works, if it doesn't then I'll be the first to start a bedwetting thread over it come final whistle. :bla:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok I've been looking forward to this being released on the iphone and have it downloaded. Do I need to do anything like connect to something? As for someone who has ZERO connectivity (O2) when in the stadium, I really hope this works!

My interpretation of the opening post is that it will not work on the iPhone yet in the way it is intended. That is to say if you can't get your own WiFi or 3G data connection then the app will not be able to populate itself with data. It will struggle in the same way you probably currently experience.

I might be wrong though.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
My interpretation of the opening post is that it will not work on the iPhone yet in the way it is intended. That is to say if you can't get your own WiFi or 3G data connection then the app will not be able to populate itself with data. It will struggle in the same way you probably currently experience.

I might be wrong though.

That's how I see it too.

I was one of the people who had it as a beta version last year but it didn't work too well as Apple make it very difficult to share signal. It had to be via Bluetooth so consequently you needed someone with a signal standing very close to you to access a signal.

It's a great concept/idea but as you say it's not there yet with iPhones. So if you can't get a signal at the moment this will not make any difference.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

I might be wrong though.

Just re read opening post. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why can't they stick a fuller featured version up on the Cydia store for Jailbroken devices?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Why can't they stick a fuller featured version up on the Cydia store for Jailbroken devices?

This is done in association with Sussex University so they may start upsetting some people (research funders) if they did that. Plus I've never even heard of Cydia, but then again I'm old.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here