Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dig deep and be generous

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty simple....STOP SPENDING SO MUCH.......interesting the article refers more than once to curbing their lifestyle a bit. Struggling on £10k per month take home ? They must be really stupid.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Pretty simple....STOP SPENDING SO MUCH.......interesting the article refers more than once to curbing their lifestyle a bit. Struggling on £10k per month take home ? They must be really stupid.
Quite. I think the article has been edited since I read it this afternoon, as I am convinced it said they spent £1500 a month on food, for a family of 4, 2 of which are under the age of 3. Not quite sure what they fritter their money away on. Gold plated, Waitrose branded idiot food, presumably.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Back from a night out. You people need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Where is the sympathy? They are struggling and you mock. Disgusting.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
goodness me , this heart rending tale had me gagging on my moet and caviar sorbet............a terrible indictment on the current state of camerons' britain , when salt of the earth characters such as this are expected to dip into their slush funds to educate their bratts , may i suggest that a good way to bring these two pratts to their senses would be four nights in january , under worthing pier with the homeless , broken , off-spin of modern british society and the way it is administered or perhaps outside boots in churchill sqaure with nothing but a cardboard box and a towel to shelter them from the elements.......some people just need a good ,hard, slap....!! just look at 'em....ffs....!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
surely this type of story is bread and butter to NSC.......i suggest we post some advice for these poor souls as to how they can stretch their 180 k annual income to clothe and feed their two toddlers......i can offer advice in the form of appropriate meals for toddlers for under 450 pounds.....:down:

larus

I'm lucky in that I earn a very good salary (six figure) as a Business/IT consultant. Been self-emploed for over 20 years and 'nearly 'always been fully booked. I divorced about 10 years ago and gave most of the money which I'd earnt to my ex-wife to house her, and supported her and the children very well. Even when she married again, I helped her and hew new husband more than I needed to. So, over the last 10 years, I've worked hard to rebuild my finances and am comfortable now.

So, when I read stories like this it disgusts me. There are scum at all levels in society. Both the parasites that want to sponge, and these types that think they are owed a certain standard - just because. I don't begrugde anyone success and wealth. However, this type of people should experience poverty and then see what they have to complain about.

I had a recent break to the Philippines, and, if you want to see poverty, see it there. Poverty doesn't mean not being able to afford a take-away, or fags, booze. It means not being able to eat, living (very loose term there) in shacks made from wood/corrigated iron. Seeing people slaving in the hot sun to farm rice makes you realise how bloody fortunate we are in the west. The inequalities of wealth in this world is criminal.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm lucky in that I earn a very good salary (six figure) as a Business/IT consultant. Been self-emploed for over 20 years and 'nearly 'always been fully booked. I divorced about 10 years ago and gave most of the money which I'd earnt to my ex-wife to house her, and supported her and the children very well. Even when she married again, I helped her and hew new husband more than I needed to. So, over the last 10 years, I've worked hard to rebuild my finances and am comfortable now.

So, when I read stories like this it disgusts me. There are scum at all levels in society. Both the parasites that want to sponge, and these types that think they are owed a certain standard - just because. I don't begrugde anyone success and wealth. However, this type of people should experience poverty and then see what they have to complain about.

I had a recent break to the Philippines, and, if you want to see poverty, see it there. Poverty doesn't mean not being able to afford a take-away, or fags, booze. It means not being able to eat, living (very loose term there) in shacks made from wood/corrigated iron. Seeing people slaving in the hot sun to farm rice makes you realise how bloody fortunate we are in the west. The inequalities of wealth in this world is criminal.

corrugated & are...!!! can't believe this one has slipped down to page 4 already.....you should all be ashamed of yourselves , we all need to put our shoulders to the wheel to help people like this......???:cry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there a JustGiving page?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is there a JustGiving page?

I put a link to a gofund me page in opening post.

A friend of a friend sits near me brownson at work and apparently he has taken this week as leave. He must regret the story and I am starting to feel a bit sorry for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I put a link to a gofund me page in opening post.

Great news, thanks :thumbsup:

In the meantime I'll pick up a tub of organic goat's cheese and a couple of focaccias in Waitrose to chuck in the food bank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here