Saves money on road tax,
Better mpg,
Clocks up more mileage

Cons of diesel to petrol
Most petrol engines sound better
Don't get filter problems
Probably are better for environment
Cheaper cars to buy new

Overall, I think diesel are much better then petrol!

I agree with you, and in a couple of weeks I'll be setting out to achieve 60mph/60mpg on the 240 mile trip to North Lincolnshire. I've done it before and this time it will cost me less than ever.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
For climate change, diesel is 20% less harmful. Yet is more damaging to local health. An easy way around this would be to legalise the selling of used cooking oil for diesel. But the government don't want to do that, coz it might save you cash and help the environment, they'd rather tax you heavily and tell you how bad you are for the environment. Utter shite,.... Or yeah and diesel is better if you do a lot of miles.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For climate change, diesel is 20% less harmful. Yet is more damaging to local health. An easy way around this would be to legalise the selling of used cooking oil for diesel. But the government don't want to do that, coz it might save you cash and help the environment, they'd rather tax you heavily and tell you how bad you are for the environment. Utter shite,.... Or yeah and diesel is better if you do a lot of miles.

except that combusted vegtable oil produces the same pollutants and could be taxed when used as a fuel. its a pretty daft idea to burn a food for fuel when you dig up ancient oil to do the same. not that this stopped EU a while back mandating an amount of renewable oil in deisel, consequently using Malaysian palm oil to supplement mineral oil :ffsparr:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My Astra gets 55 mpg (its diesel) and does on average 25000 per year ( football and work) it is 2 years old and will be changed next year. ( for another diesel)

At work last week I overherad a young lady saying " dont buy diesel its poisoining people" as she lit her second cigarette in 5 minutes!!!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It seems to me that the issue is that now we are looking at the particles which are emitted from working diesel engines.

This to the extent that, it appears, diesel engines are soon to be barred from London ( and indeed other cities ) .

Are all buses not Diesel; or is the ban only for private cars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here