Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't play badly today

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Hmm, I believe we played 'well' at home this season against: Leicester, Leeds, Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton and Hull (pre-Obika).

The other 15 games, including today, we were very much below par.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought we were very poor and a lot of players under performed but these things happen.

Which is the right answer. I just don't understand why we play 3 similar players in midfield, none of whom have a bit of creative nous between them.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Must've been watching a different game to me. We got to the line a load of times and pulled a cross back; it was the finishing that was poor.

22 shots and no goals suggests this was poor finishing today. They had four shots on goal and scored with two of them.

There were other issues (sorry jfc simply can't cut it and why was Andrews playing instead of Stephens?) but the over riding issue was poor finishing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One day we will get a real ref rather than these imposters we keep getting. Booked Bruno for a nothing challenge then refused to book any of their players until 70 odd minutes and a stone wall penalty in the second half which could have made it one all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Which is the right answer. I just don't understand why we play 3 similar players in midfield, none of whom have a bit of creative nous between them.

What I find even more worrying after the trip to Bolton was why the hell Dale Stephens did not start, I really do not understand that at all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What I find even more worrying after the trip to Bolton was why the hell Dale Stephens did not start, I really do not understand that at all.

I agree. I don't get JFC I'm afraid, he does some nice touches, but his tackling is weak, he creates next to nothing and runs out of energy at about 60 mins. He is a young man of course and will get stronger and better, but to start him in front of Stephens, who energetic and more creative is senseless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My heart sank a bit when I saw those two names in the starting XI. I knew we'd be up against it - JFC probably not quite good enough, certainly too lightweight. As for Andrews - well, what does he contribute? Honestly don't know what he does to justify being selected for every game.

Exactly the same thoughts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I also thought Stevens played really well last week. My thinking is that OG is trying to rotate players where possible with a load of mid week games coming up.

To be fair on Andrews and the selection. It was the same midfield that started against QPR. They're a much stronger side and that turned out ok.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We should have had Hoskins on the bench rather than 2 more wingers in Lua Lua and March. With Buckley and Lingarde that gave us 4 wide men in the squad why? We needed goals not somebody extra to cross it to a non existant striker

Crazy. If Hoskins was ready then he would have been there. As for calling March and Lingard wide men then that's just silly.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As with the Championship a lot of games are marginal, Wigan mugged us off, we did the same to QPR. But as a team game individual performances count and yesterday we allowed Ipswich two easy goals whilst failing to hit the target enough, again! Had a client in who is a Wolves man for the match who asked if TK was our first choice keeper he was so bad. We missed a player from the midfield who could see the opportunities for a through ball. Sitting on the halfway line we could see, time and time again Buckley, Ulloa, Lingaard and JFC making the run looking for the ball, but it never came. Instead we had the safe back pass or 3m pass only to have it returned to the original player. Ipswich were clearly prone to struggle to that sort of ball from we saw in the 6th minute and yet we never used that strategy again. When did we ever let Buckley get into top gear, at one stage with the passing across the back and the slow momentum, I thought Poyet had got back in the dressing room. WE desperately need Hoskins and or CMS back as we currently lack teeth in front of goal and an alternative to the cross into the box for Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here