Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Diddly Squat Farm

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I did quite enjoy the series but basically he's conned Amazon into paying him millions to make an advert for his farm shop.
I see what you're saying but he had a product they needed. He sold himself and in the process made a highly entertaining series. One in which he showed that boorish behaviour doesn't always negate a person's humanity.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I did quite enjoy the series but basically he's conned Amazon into paying him millions to make an advert for his farm shop.

It may have been a joke to begin with but then they accidentally ended up with a very enjoyable and popular show. So a con that accidentally gave value maybe?

I learnt loads about country life and found the staged silliness (like country boy in the big city) to be the least interesting part of it all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Wasn't it more to do with the fact that Covid meant The Grand Tour had to be canned, but Amazon still needed some sort of content to fill the terms of the contract between it and JC/TGT? He had the farm, someone had the idea and, all of a sudden, everyone's a winner (baby)!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whilst traveling through the Cotswolds last week I thought I'd treat my Daughter to a trip to Diddly Squat Farm, that well known establishment owned by Jeremy Clarkson. As we turned the corner and the sign came into view the screams from the back of the car proved the journey to be worthwhile. Then the queues came into view. Blimey. We parked up and took a wander around. Expensive is an understatement. Took around 1 hour to get into the shed sized shop where very little is available. Candles £22, beanie hats £22 and other souvenirs. Biggest seller was a 1 litre milk bottle at £6.10. But to cap off the day Jezza himself turned up driving his JCB with a pallet full of said bottles. Sadly he didn't drop them all.
It's a farm shop with no real farm shop goods (£7 pork pies was all I saw) but the money going through the till will certainly make the owner very very rich.

Dalesford Organics is a far better off rip off

£6.10 for litre of milk, are you serious?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Milk is £1 a litre at Diddly Squat Farm: https://diddlysquatfarmshop.com/collections/all/products/coy-juice

It looks like the £6.10 includes a "bottle for life" - no, me neither.

No, the bottle is £6.10. That's the bottle, no contents, just the bottle. In fact the cow juice machine was broken (the machine dispensing it, not the cow) and so there was no milk. He turned up with a pallet full of more bottles. Reckon they must cost him 50p each and he sells 100's every day. It was the cheapest 'souvenir' hence everyone bought one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Despite all the 'staged' idiocy by Clarkson, it was an entertaining series that highlighted the day to day operational and economic issues farmers in the UK face. Done more to highlight such issues in 6-7 episodes than BBC's beige chocolate box Countryfile* has in 20 years!!
(*also known as the Islington residents view of the countryside)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite all the 'staged' idiocy by Clarkson, it was an entertaining series that highlighted the day to day operational and economic issues farmers in the UK face. Done more to highlight such issues in 6-7 episodes than BBC's beige chocolate box Countryfile* has in 20 years!!

For me it was funny seeing JC morph into 'Top Gear Man' - "this is how they do it, but I think I have a better way".
2 minutes of 'hilarious' typical Jezza high jinx doomed to failure, as was the skit.

Then he reverted back to fish out of water man which was thoroughly entertaining, funny and honest.

For season 2 I don't for one minute imagine his ego will completely relinquish Jezza, but hopefully he'll take even more of a back seat.

D

Deleted member 22389

Love it and can't wait for Series 2.
Another one to watch if you have Discovery+ is Richard Hammond's Workshop. Starts up his own garage restoring Classical Cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here