Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you watch Brighton play Spartak Moscow and have the programme

Pj2000

Jan 2, 2012
Worthing
How many fans can remember us playing Spartak Moscow also playing Leatherhead on a week day and had to miss school to watch ?..?...?..

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
leatherhead was a saturday, was the spartak moscow game a testimonal for a groundsman. ??

Pj2000

Jan 2, 2012
Worthing
Spartak,

Yes you could be right , my head must be going , knew tony towners Brother played for Leatherhead and use to tile the roofs on our houses , tony has moved home for me now three times , still very quick ??? And lots of damage as always ??? Great guy , one of the best

Oct 2, 2008
I was at the Spartak Moscow game and I think I have the programme in the loft somewhere. I will stand corrected (it was along time ago ) but was it Ian Goodwins testimonial ?.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yes, we beat the great Moscow Spartak 1-0. Must have the programme somewhere up in the loft.

As for Leatherhead, as mentioned above, it was a Saturday and Walton was the cup replay played on a midweek afternoon (power strikes etc) and I also bunked school. Those cup games were nightmares but where are those clubs now?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
dave sargeant used to be mates with my old man,he played for both leatherhead & walton at the goldstone

i think he played at wembley too for walton,didn't they win the fa trophy arond that time?

Yes, we beat the great Moscow Spartak 1-0. Must have the programme somewhere up in the loft.

As for Leatherhead, as mentioned above, it was a Saturday and Walton was the cup replay played on a midweek afternoon (power strikes etc) and I also bunked school. Those cup games were nightmares but where are those clubs now?

23.2.73 was the moscow spartak leatherhead jan 75 went to both:)
plus walton and hersham home and away:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here