Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Did You Pay By Credit Card?"

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well it is a full Easyjet package to Krakow so I assume if flights cancelled full refund. We have flights only booked to Portugal late May for a wedding so once again if cancelled a refund.

Mexico one is a potential issue possibly with Tui, £500 paid and balance to be paid early may for two weeks in August.........
Yes, just heard of someone on an Easyjet Holiday to Tenerife which has been cancelled getting a full refund on the lot.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Supposed to be going to Istanbul on April 1st for a week with BA, hotel included,
CAnt call BA as the phone cuts off at 2 mins...'sorry we are busy call back later'
If I cancel I lose the £800 cost of the holiday...

So what do I do? waitfor BA to cancel it ? or just not go...because the govt say its still safe I wont get anything back if cancelled..

Any ideas......Or is Turkey still safe? only had 2 cases according to thier govt website..

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Always pay for Holidays by credit card and it has ensured refunds where it goes wrong and you are right there will be serious knock-on effects on all businesses.

I have never considered paying on CC always on debit card. only have to pay it 4 weeks later, what are the benefits?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Supposed to be going to Istanbul on April 1st for a week with BA, hotel included,
CAnt call BA as the phone cuts off at 2 mins...'sorry we are busy call back later'

So what do I do? waitfor BA to cancel it ? or just not go...because the govt say its still safe I wont get anything back if cancelled..

Any ideas......Or is Turkey still safe? only had 2 cases according to thier govt website..

Martin Lewis always says if the FCO office hasn’t advised against travel to a country and the flight’s still on, you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on in chasing compensation for you cancelling.

What about waiting until BA cancel, shirley they will as this deepens?

I’m playing the same waiting game on July flights.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have never considered paying on CC always on debit card. only have to pay it 4 weeks later, what are the benefits?

You can easily go after your CC bank, under Section 75 of the CCA74. They are equally liable for breach of contract on any issue, for example the goods or service don’t fit the description or the tour operator goes bust. They’d have to repay you in full should your claim be valid and they tend to settle far quicker than the retailer/tour operator, plus they don’t tend to go bust.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Martin Lewis always says if the FCO office hasn’t advised against travel to a country and the flight’s still on, you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on in chasing compensation for you cancelling.

Just checked the FCO website and it appears Turkey has banned flights from most of EU so we wont be far behind..

'In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, Turkey has announced that flights between Turkey and Germany, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Belgium and Sweden will be suspended from 8am (local time) on 14 March until 17 April. You should check with your airline before travelling.'

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Wait and see if flight gets cancelled. I’m meant to be going to Orlando end of may, and I work for a travel company so worried on both counts, will I be going on holiday and/or losing my job 😢

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wait and see if flight gets cancelled. I’m meant to be going to Orlando end of may, and I work for a travel company so worried on both counts, will I be going on holiday and/or losing my job 😢

Hopefully for you the government will look at financial support for businesses in your sector including your employer. The collapse of almost every airline and tour operator would benefit barely anyone.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I booked flights and hotels for a week long visit to include the Arsenal game.
Flight still went ahead so no refund.
Granville hotel no refund due to booking.com terms and conditions.
Travelodge no refund as we chose not cancellation option. Which in fairness we have always chosen before and so covered the loss by previous savings.
Premier Inn full refund no questions Definitely use them again
Europcar full refund no questions. Definitely use them again.
BHA waiting for refund details.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I booked flights and hotels for a week long visit to include the Arsenal game.
Flight still went ahead so no refund.
Granville hotel no refund due to booking.com terms and conditions.
Travelodge no refund as we chose not cancellation option. Which in fairness we have always chosen before and so covered the loss by previous savings.
Premier Inn full refund no questions Definitely use them again
Europcar full refund no questions. Definitely use them again.
BHA waiting for refund details.

On a multitude of issues over the years, some of my doing, Europcar have always been immense.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Where were you off too?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You can easily go after your CC bank, under Section 75 of the CCA74. They are equally liable for breach of contract on any issue, for example the goods or service don’t fit the description or the tour operator goes bust. They’d have to repay you in full should your claim be valid and they tend to settle far quicker than the retailer/tour operator, plus they don’t tend to go bust.

True but only if THEY cancel. If you decide not to travel, it's your loss.
I cancelled a weeks trip around the Arsenal game even though the game was postponed the flight went ahead and the hotel was still available so no refund or charoebuck.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where were you off too?

NYC. Other than myself, it was going to be the first time for my family.

I’m relaxed about this, if cancelled, we’ll just go when everything’s back to normal. Luckily, I hadn’t spent on other parts of the itinerary, except the hotel which is cancellable at no cost.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I can see your point - neither would feel like much of a holiday for someone from Swindon! ��

Swindon has nothing to do with Blackpool or Skegness ,
I can assure you there is no beach in Swindon.
I’ve lived here for 30 years and so know a lot more about the place than you... so please don’t try to be funny/sarcastic. :wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here