Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Learn Something Tonight Mr Garcia?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So it's all about the so called experts on this forum
Oscar gets slated if gets it wrong...he gets slated when he gets it right
Anyone reckon he actually reads this forum?

I am totally convinced he is totally driven by the comments on here, and has thrown all his coaching manuals away.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely this. It's going to be a different game on Saturday. It literally astonishes me that people think it's all about our formation and nothing to do with our opposition. We had more space and time to attack against a more flamboyant Leicester than we did against a battling Barnsley. At the Amex teams often come down looking to sit back, stop us scoring early and hope to nick one which often makes for a frustrating experience. Away managers will say to their players "weather the early storm and wait for the home fans to get on the players backs" and we never disappoint.

Exactly right. Jean-Paul Sartre actually said that the game of football is made so much more complicated by the presence of the opposing team. You never know what "they" will do before the match.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
For me the things that I think we've learnt are:

-Lua Lua is quality in a central role with the ability to drift onto the wings, also can tackle actually really well!
-Dale Stephens is actually a bloody good signing, why he hasn't been playing before I have no idea.
-Solly March is a real, real gem.
-Stephen Ward is a superb left back, and I would love to get him on a permanent.
-Calderon has to start in front of Bruno.
-Ulloa really should've scored 1 or 2 more, despite scoring 2.
-Last but not least, when we go attacking we seem to do well/win games! For example, Burnley and Leicester, and although we lost Wigan.

Hopefully Garcia takes it all on board, and uses us to our strength.

Pretty much all of this!

Why we haven't started more home games with two wingers is a mystery!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I did not renew my season this year as I was disappointed by the amount of possession in our own half the lack of attacking play,one man up and lack of goals scored.I decided to attend when there was a good improvement so it was no surprise that so far I have yet to visit the stadium, now if our Head coach gives an indication that our final home games will be on a par with last nights performance then I am sure that we will attract record attendances and supporters will ease the pressure on him.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I did not renew my season this year as I was disappointed by the amount of possession in our own half the lack of attacking play,one man up and lack of goals scored.I decided to attend when there was a good improvement so it was no surprise that so far I have yet to visit the stadium, now if our Head coach gives an indication that our final home games will be on a par with last nights performance then I am sure that we will attract record attendances and supporters will ease the pressure on him.

Are you unwell:moo:
April 1st was nine days ago:dunce:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I agree he talks sense about the game, but has he had a stroke? I don't remember reading or hearing about this? Are you sure?

Surprised by that myself. Did a quick google. Drink and gambling problems but can't see any mention of a stroke.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

You didn't renew your season ticket because you weren't happy with the football when we were 4th in the Championship? Seriously, this club isn't for you. Brighton are not Barcelona.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
For me the things that I think we've learnt are:

-Lua Lua is quality in a central role with the ability to drift onto the wings, also can tackle actually really well!
-Dale Stephens is actually a bloody good signing, why he hasn't been playing before I have no idea.
-Solly March is a real, real gem.
-Stephen Ward is a superb left back, and I would love to get him on a permanent.
-Calderon has to start in front of Bruno.
-Ulloa really should've scored 1 or 2 more, despite scoring 2.
-Last but not least, when we go attacking we seem to do well/win games! For example, Burnley and Leicester, and although we lost Wigan.

1) KLL....agree...our most dangerous player...must start on saturday.
2) Stephens.....some Charlton fans I know warned me that he can go quiet for a few games....but when he is hot, he is very hot. They said that all things considered, he was their best player over a period of time.
3) March...exciting prospect...can only get better.
4) Ward...steady player....would like to sign him.
5) Calde...slightly better than Bruno defensively ( thats not saying much )...the latter is better going forward
6) Without injuries and suspensions, the man would be up close to 20 league goals...what you see is what you get...tantrums and tiaras...a big girls blouse.....fluffing sitters....but will get us goals regularly....good target man.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Words fail me.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
We always look better against teams that let us play, we often come up short when we are hassled on the ball. Trust Oscar to get in the players who can cope better with that type of game next season :thumbsup:

Charlton will not give us a moment on the ball so I'm not expecting another scintillating display. A scrappy 1-0 will do me.

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing" lol but an earlier post was correct about us missing a hatfull of chances this season, not forgetting the woodwork either.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I'll get him to give you a call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here