Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did You Know?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Apparently all polar bears are left handed. They sneak up on prey by covering their nose with their right paw (their nose being black and therefore showing up against the snowy white background), then club it mercilessly with their left paw.

Is that why left-handed fighters are called southpaws?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There are more people alive on the planet today, than have ever died.

I really liked this and had to look it up to see if true

Sadley we are nowhere near close to having more alive than dead. In fact, there are 15 dead people for every person living. We surpassed seven billion dead way back between 8000BC and AD1

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Sadley we are nowhere near close to having more alive than dead. In fact, there are 15 dead people for every person living. We surpassed seven billion dead way back between 8000BC and AD1

I wish I knew the names of the 15 people who are dead for me. I would honour them in some way.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester

Dammit!!!!! I always thought it was a blinding fact & am now gutted it’s not true!! Sounded good though!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A thread full of interesting facts that we may not know, assumed different, or not even thought too deeply about

Did you know that a hyena and the wolf do not share a common ancestor, and that the hyena is actually from the mongoose family evolutionary tree.

I had always assumed that a hyena was part of the canine family.

Fascinating. I looked on the web and the San Diego zoo site states :-

There are four members of the Hyaenidae family: the striped hyena, the “giggly” spotted hyena, the brown hyena, and the aardwolf .

In other words, one hides in the grass, one can't help laughing, another hides in the mud and the last doesn't need to hide or find anything funny!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hereford United’s top scorer for the 1996/97 season was Adrian Foster.

It’s my go-to sports knowledge question no one will ever get.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

There are four members of the Hyaenidae family: the striped hyena, the “giggly” spotted hyena, the brown hyena, and the aardwolf .

In other words, one hides in the grass, one can't help laughing, another hides in the mud and the last doesn't need to hide or find anything funny!!

I find it funny and never hide from the fact that someone thought Hyena were related to wolfs.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I wonder why?

Hyena.jpg

Not a bad evolution for the weak mongoose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here