Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Did you get your dog’s name WRONG?!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Meanwhile, a while ago, I heard someone calling after their dog 'Simon'. Nothing against Simons, but it just seemed like a bit of an odd name for a dog... :shrug:

Family a few doors down have named their dog Simon. Always seems odd when she's calling out "Simon" for a dog, even after a couple of years. They had a female dog called Alice, which isn't very dog like either, until it went to the great park in the sky.

Ours is named Max which is apparently mostly a dogs name.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
My dog doesn't have a human name but if I'd named my dog regarding his personally he'd be called Richard or the slang version, Dick. :lolol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And now, you can tell if you got it totally WRONG here. Just saying, like…:kiss:

TWICE!

My brother in law named his dog ‘Trafford’ because my BIL is a ManU supporter - first mistake - his.

Me shouting “TRAAAAFOOOORD!” repeatedly at the top of my voice in St Anne’s Wells Park cos the dog had buggered off and a group of Chelsea fans shouting back at me each time, at the tops of their voices; ‘STAAAAMFOOOORD!” - second mistake - theirs.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A friend of mine named her cat Gussie Fink-Nottle after a character in Jeeves and Wooster. Really suits the cat too.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
…dog just needs a post.
So do I, still no christmas cards from majority of friends & family and they’re on strike again today 🙂

Long gone are the days where dog barks at postman trying to deliver mail!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It seems like our last two dogs have been given human names but the given the kids dog names.

Maybe calling the kids Fido and Patch was a mistake.
I said the same recently, there's been a reversal In recent years.
Nothing to do with me – the Bobkin Jnrs chose it – but ours is Bruno. Named after the great man – he was always going to have an Albion-related name, apparently.

Meanwhile, a while ago, I heard someone calling after their dog 'Simon'. Nothing against Simons, but it just seemed like a bit of an odd name for a dog... :shrug:
My oldest friend Simon, has a dog called Dave

Our Doberwoman 80's/90's was called Tania, we had cats, Richard, Tabatha, Oscar and Timothy.

I had a cat in 1989 called Garry Lager Nelson Mandella, he was a right ****, used to launch at you, straight for the eyes. Shipped out to the country side.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There was an Alasatian cross called Ian when we had our Collie that came up to Stamner woods....about seven odd years ago, same one?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My two youngest dogs are called Leroy and Jenkins. I still find it funny when the wife calls out Leroy Jenkins when she wants them to come indoors.
Leeeeeeroooooooyyyy JEEEEENNNNKIIIIINS!

“Oh god he’s gone in”

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My dog was called Granville
Had a dog in the eighties called Fozzie
Had a ginger cat called Ginger at the vets he was registered as Kerry Mayo Ginger Prince.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My dog was called Granville
Had a dog in the eighties called Fozzie
Had a ginger cat called Ginger at the vets he was registered as Kerry Mayo Ginger Prince.
That’s a shit limerick, doesn’t even rhyme.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
My dog doesn't have a human name but if I'd named my dog regarding his personally he'd be called Richard or the slang version, Dick. :lolol:
If you catch him dragging his arse across your best Axminster chances are the little bugger figured it out ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here