Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Did you get your dog’s name WRONG?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seemingly Henry is more a "people name".

However, I'm thanking my lucky stars that we didn't name him Bruno, as was looking likely for a while, as I'm not sure how he'd respond to JUDAS from about the age of 5 onwards.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Glad to see no 'Deefer' on the list, but disappointed to not see 'Fido'.

Jul 7, 2003
It seems like our last two dogs have been given human names but the given the kids dog names.

Maybe calling the kids Fido and Patch was a mistake.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We had a dog from Blue Cross called Dennis so kept the name as we didn't want to confuse him anymore than being with us. The two we have now are Brewer, I wanted to call him Harvey but there were too many of that name in the RSPCA and the other Gruffyth ap Deri as we are in Wales, Griff for short!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Would the dog know if he's called Graeme, Graham, or Grahame?
This is a tricky one really. Needs a post grad to do some research or something similar

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We had a dog from Blue Cross called Dennis so kept the name as we didn't want to confuse him anymore than being with us. The two we have now are Brewer, I wanted to call him Harvey but there were too many of that name in the RSPCA and the other Gruffyth ap Deri as we are in Wales, Griff for short!
Couple of cracking names there.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My dog's currently at the vet after eating a box of Scrabble tiles.

I hope he's alright, but there's no word yet.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We inherited our cat, he was called Felix. I thought we'd have to change it, as surely it was too 'obvious' a name. But it does actually suit him somehow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seemingly Henry is more a "people name".

However, I'm thanking my lucky stars that we didn't name him Bruno, as was looking likely for a while, as I'm not sure how he'd respond to JUDAS from about the age of 5 onwards.
We very nearly called our puppy Bruno. At the time I was a little annoyed I lost out to my daughter's suggestion. Turns out she picked a "dog name" and a not "off to Chelsea" name.

Skillz.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I changed the name of our cat because I was given the thinly veiled impression it came from a bad home.

I named it after the area we lived in, St Luke's, hence it was called 'Luke'. That soon became Lukey as I deemed it a little too humanised for anything other than a nickname.

Lukey is now terrorising the smallest wildlife in the local countryside. Such a sweet named little murderer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We very nearly called our puppy Bruno. At the time I was a little annoyed I lost out to my daughter's suggestion. Turns out she picked a "dog name" and a not "off to Chelsea" name.

Skillz.
Nothing to do with me – the Bobkin Jnrs chose it – but ours is Bruno. Named after the great man – he was always going to have an Albion-related name, apparently.

Meanwhile, a while ago, I heard someone calling after their dog 'Simon'. Nothing against Simons, but it just seemed like a bit of an odd name for a dog... :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It seems like our last two dogs have been given human names but the given the kids dog names.

Maybe calling the kids Fido and Patch was a mistake.
I've actually never heard of someone who named their dog Fido in reality... seems a complete myth that its a common dog name.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lemon Beagle we used to share came from adoption with the name Basil. Suited him but made many people laugh when you'd be shouting out, Basil! Being a Beagle this was most the time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here