Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you expect promotion this season?

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
if so why? Look at how far we have come in the last two years - be happy we are mid table and maybe next year look to push on.

Gus is an inexperienced manager doing well, but will learn that style needs to be varied as required to beat the opponent face (or we will end up like a poor mans Arsenal flattering to deceive)....

Agree?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
No, my pre-season prediction was 10th, so we're more or less living up to my expectations :)

I agree with your points about Gus - in a few years he'll be a great manager.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No way, consolidation for the moment whilst the Amex settles in and we build a Championship winning team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No way...to watch some good championship matches in something called a football ground ,,,not get relegated and start laying some foundations ..simple as that

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Didn't expect promotion, but also didn't expect a relegation battle either. So, for now reasonably happy, but we do need to get some wins/draws pretty quickly otherwise we may get sucked down towards the bottom third of the table.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never expected to be promoted,dared to dream for a while back there for a while,and who knows anything could happen,teams have suddenly gone on from far worse positions from ours to win promotion,that said i have always fully expected us to stay up,and our style of play,will do it-despite what people think about it currently,it will help keep us up-longer term,have faith in what Gus is trying to build here-it's a long term project and god forbid if we did go down,i could see Gus staying and bringing us back stronger than ever-i get the impression Gus will not quit....for the sake of not trying.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Actually thought we had an outside chance, maybe via the playoffs, but that's now a fool's hope.

Still expect us to be top half though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Actually thought we had an outside chance, maybe via the playoffs, but that's now a fool's hope.

Still expect us to be top half though.

Fools did it a good few seasons ago-Palace?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I'm sure lots of us started the season happy with mid/lower-mid table expectations, let ourselves let a bit carried away with our good/luckyish early form and now have readjusted back to par. Very happy with staying in the Championship and building from there. Thrilled in fact.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
No I didn't, but the way we started got my head into thinking its not such a tough league. I was very wrong.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
how can you expect for promotion when the target was to spend the money on a stadium? Realistically, we won't go anywhere other than 12th ish until we get the money back to buy some more players and make a more complete squad, like the hammers.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes I thought we'd be up there fighting for play offs at least!

We signed some quality players and having seen what Blackpool and Norwich have done in recent seasons, thought why not us?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
No, But if we go back to playing as a team and not 11 inderviduals we will be nearer the top than the bottom. Look back at the early season games when we played with confidence. We are a decent side at our best. Not number 1 but not as far away as some want us to belive. If noone can bring himself to start crossing again and not shooting from miles away (27th Aug the last time this worked) it would be a good start.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
No,not promotion just yet,a decent fair to middling season of consolidation and gaining championship experience.If we finish top half and put in some decent performances,I will be happy.Lets face it,if we did go up this season we would get totally humiliated in the Premiership,we are a long way off being a top flight team at this moment in time.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
No,not promotion just yet,a decent fair to middling season of consolidation and gaining championship experience.If we finish top half and put in some decent performances,I will be happy.Lets face it,if we did go up this season we would get totally humiliated in the Premiership,we are a long way off being a top flight team at this moment in time.
This
100%

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
be happy we are mid table and maybe next year look to push on.

Mid table at end of season yes but have you looked at form, have you been watching the same inept performances as I have? There's nothing to suggest we will end up mid table if we don't make some changes ... blaming our crap performances on injuries is easy but it's way more than bringing back 2/3 players ... we are woeful and apart from a few patches we've looked nothing like a mid table Championship team since early season.

If my business had come off the rails as alarmingly as the slump in form of B&HA I'd be making changes, unquestionably. I hope we see some soon or I fear being content with a mid table position will become something we can only dream about

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I predicted 17th and had plenty of people tell me I was being pesimistic. Will be happy with 17th.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
No way, consolidation for the moment whilst the Amex settles in and we build a Championship winning team.

Do you think we are building a team this season, or will players want to leave based upon their collective performance (e.g. CMS)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here