Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you ever watch the Albion play at the Goldstone

Did yo see the Albion play at The Goldstone?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never stood on the East Stand at the Goldstone.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My dad started me watching the reserves in the early 60's and I started supporting the team in 66. 3 2 against Bristol Rovers after being 2 0 down with 15 minutes to go. That hooked me. Entertainment opportunities were not then what they are now. It has been great fun over the years and a really worthwhile contribution to my life.

If I have a regret is that my fellow supporter of over 40 years died in his bed aged 50 without experiencing the AMEX.

I would say the joy of getting there far exceeds the experience once one is there. Division 1 first time round was a mixed pleasure. If/when we get to the premiership we will find the football is not so much fun as it is now. We need to make sure we enjoy the ride.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No big deal, but all four stands. East once only, v Palace in the Cup. Only tickets we could get, so first in and right at the front on halfway. Was in the South for the 7 - 0 Walsall, all the rest split N and W.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Lived in Goldstone Villas as a child but my Mum wouldn't let me go because there was so much trouble down my road every other Saturday, eventually gave in (1979) and I got a kicking by Liverpool fans outside Hove station...... Oops

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Yep, many many times, but then being 48 helps. Without wanting to enter into the Goldstone/Amex argument i do miss standing in the North stand, peeing into a trough and drinking Bovril !!!!!!

Not to forget getting chased around Hove park from time to time

Oh the memories...............

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watched from 1980 - 97, there was a lot more bad than good.

At times I really questioned what the hell I was doing there especially early to mid 90's, I still hear "Lloyd Out" ringing in my ears...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I never stood on the East Stand at the Goldstone.

Shame on you. I stood on the east to keep the old man company. Not that he needed it (spent most of the game goading Harry Wilson - hence . . . . you can guess the rest). Stood in the North, South and West. Towards the end, sat in the West (I was flush by then).

Shit ground. Embarrassment. But it was love, wasn't it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quote Originally Posted by Bodian
Lego Stand - The only one I never went in

I was going to "ditto" this but I don't recall going in the north east corner

I went in there twice. Once against Sunderland when we were one down with a few minutes to go, and won 2-1. I was down the front with the away fans behind us -so we nipped over the wall and round the running track pretty quick as you can imagine. And the other time was against Blackpool last game of 77-78, I think it might have been the only space available that day (were there any away fans?). I can still see the rumour ripple coming up the East from under the TV scaffolding that Spurs or Southampton had scored.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i've scored at both ends

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wonder how many teams have had 4 home grounds and not just stadium name changes?

True very true..............Also some grounds like Selhurst Park have had 4 home teams play there too,Wimbledon,Charlton,Crystal Palace and Crystal Palace 2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here