Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you ever watch the Albion play at the Goldstone

Did yo see the Albion play at The Goldstone?

• Total voters

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I went to the vast majority of games from 1989 until 1997. It's weird to think that I have watched Albion play more games at Gillingham and Withdean, than I have at the Goldstone and the Amex.

It only took the 14 year's to get from the Goldstone to Falmer!!! Worth it in the end :clap2:

Yes, first game a dull 1-1 draw with Watford early 1983 - have the programme somewhere (obtained well after the event vie eBay). Memorable as I saw Peter Ward score, he was back on loan from Forest. Saw them again shortly after when we thumped City 4 - 0 in the FA Cup 4th Round, was in the company of an avid City fan friend. Did Ward score in that game as well, Google hasn't helped.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went to two games.

A 2-1 defeat to Derby when I was about 6 or 7 (would have been around 1990/1 time)

A 0-0 draw against Oxford (I think)

So I never saw us win there.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yes from 1980-1997. First game v Ipswich we won 1-0 on a freezing cold November evening in 1980 with Mike Robinson scoring the winner. Highs: Norwich FA QF 1-0. Liverpool FA 1984 2-0 victory. Bristol Rovers 2-1 win in 1988 to win promotion. Play off v Millwall 1991 won 4-1. One of the saddest days of my life the last ever game at the Goldstone, left via the East Stand that day which was where i watched my first ever game. The pouring rain that day said it all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So about 170 who did to 9 who didn't (possibly because of age). But... But palace fans say the Amex is full of plastics who am support other teams :lol: At least they were bang on about Amex attendances falling from the 20k mark in our first season... :ffsparr:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
My Dad has had a shop on Blatchington road for 40 odd years. I used to go to work with him on a saturday morning and then have some lunch and walk to the ground. My first memories of supporting the club. Remember they being sponsored by Nobo back then. Happy Days and thanks for the introduction to the Albion Dad !

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I woz there. Wonderful times. Since the late 50s. The days when you just turned for a match if you wanted to go. None of this pre-booking nonsense or need to buy a season ticket. No need for effing park-and-ride or walking a mile from the nearest free parking. Park at the other side of Hove Park and walk across the park or park down by Conway Street and walk under the railway by the bus garage. Before I could drive I cycled to Horsted Keynes station, caught the train to Haywards Heath and changed for a Hove train. Or went with my Dad.Those were the days. Tony Nicholas, Charlie Baker, Jack Bertolini, Steve Burtenshaw, Roy Jennings. Great memories.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Yes, First game would have been in around 79-80.

I only attended a few games whilst still at school, but started attending regularly from 83-84 season.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
pretty regular from 71-94 (only went a handful of times towards the end

notable games I attended

Bristol Rovers 2-8
Walsall 7-0
England-Norway U21 6-0 (Wardy hat-trick)
Spurs 3-1
Ipswich & Derby (League Cup)
Arsenal 0-4
games against Liverpool & Man Utd
Pompey 4-0 & 2-1
Palace (must have seen half a dozen,without Palace ever winning)
Saints 1-1
Sheff Wed & Bristol Rovers (promotions)
Leatherhead 0-1

loads more I'm sure,took the place for granted

we are so Lucky to have the Amex

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
my first game i watched at the goldstone was Everton At home in the 1st division 1982 (now prem obviously).
Nearly every home game until they left the goldstone

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm a 'sadly not' unfortunately!
I was introduced to the Albion by Paul (now BHA snappy!) when he had a spare ticket to Kidderminster away in the 99/00 season. Bumped into 2 mates from school while I was there & we've been going ever since!! They both went to the Goldstone though & remind of that fact every. single. game.

I remember that one! They introduced the teams as "Kidderminster Harriers and the Famous Brighton and Hove Albion" - nice touch!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Started in about Feb 1966. Hardly missed a home match between about 1974 and 1987 when the children arrived and took over.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I went to the Goldstone and Withdean but am still yet to go to the Amex. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here