Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Did you ever meet / see the Queen?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have taken a photograpn of her, riding on horseback, in full military uniform, to the trooping of the colour sometime in the early/mid 60s. Just popped out from the front of the crowd with my little Brownie camera and clicked away. Couldn't do that these days!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
When I was at school, she visited along with the Queen mum, Prince Philip and watched a drama production I was in. Spoke to her briefly at the end of it

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
My daughter gave her flowers when she came to Burgess Hill some 20+ years ago. Picked a bunch of weeds from the garden, wrapped them in foil and proudly walked into town with Mrs M. Waited patiently (she was 3 or 4 at the time). When HRH and Prince P walked past, she stuck out her arm with said weeds. Prince P stopped and said “Are those for me” Daughter shook her head and said “No”. Prince P said, “ok then, over you pop and give them to the Queen”. He leant over the barrier, picked her up and she ran over to present the foiled wrapped weeds who happily took them with a big smile! Daughter ran back to Mrs M and local Bobby picked her up and popped her back over the barrier.
Wife said to Daughter “what did you say” to which she replied “E.R”. Her Maj, said “thank you very much”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never met her, but I did have a somewhat lively Tete a tete with Princess Anne at the Duke of Beaufort's Hunt a number of years ago :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We were about to cross from Trafalgar Square towards Downing Street, we were suddenly stopped by a copper on a motor bike and in front of us swept the queen’s car with her and the duke in it!

She was very small in the car.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw her when she visited Brighton to open the Marina in the late 70s with the Duke of Edinburgh.

I have been to a garden party at BP and spoken to Prince Edward, been presented to Princess Anne as part of the Association of WRNS, and watched the HMS Hood bell dedication as a member of the Association in Portsmouth dockyard. She also attended the WRNS Centenary in 2017 at Portsmouth Cathedral.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
At Ascot Races in 1993, blagged my way into the winner’s enclosure, met Sheikh Mohammed, Sir Michael Stoute and topped it off by shaking hands with the Greatest Briton who ever lived.

Shouldn’t have been there, but glad I was, as I will take this wonderful memory to my grave ❤️

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Twice, saw her leaving Brighton station from the ticket office.

When I worked at Leamington Spa she was doing the Maundy service at the Cathedral so the Royal Train arrived initially around 06:00 at Stratford-on-Avon so was told to be there when it arrived.

So it arrived and a Footman got off advising me can you please get the daily newspapers, I asked which ones, the Footman advised all of them please - so I did including Sporting Life.

When she arrived at Leamington Spa there were a load of kids outside the station however the station itself were cleared of all passengers etc so we waited in the Travel Centre and she walked down the stairs, adjusted her skirt, then waved and smiled at us, simply a superb servant to the nation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Due to current and previous jobs I've met most of the royals except King Charles 3rd and Andrew. I met and served alongside both Harry and William in Afghanistan.

I met Queen Elizabeth 2nd twice during her reign and the second time she told me she remembered me from the first time. Because of this i sometimes tell the story (tongue in cheek) that i know (knew😣) the queen and if i bumped into her again i was sure she would remember me.

No-one forgets you mate.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I saw her when she visited Brighton to open the Marina in the late 70s with the Duke of Edinburgh.

I have been to a garden party at BP and spoken to Prince Edward, been presented to Princess Anne as part of the Association of WRNS, and watched the HMS Hood bell dedication as a member of the Association in Portsmouth dockyard. She also attended the WRNS Centenary in 2017 at Portsmouth Cathedral.

I think that may have been the only time I saw her. Down at The Steine. Not sure if it was during school holidays or not, but we went down.

EDIT 31.05.1979

Diary says she visited Pavilion, Marina and the Race Course.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Queen's visits to Brighton

Monday 16 July 1962
Friday 13 November 1964
Thursday 31 May 1979
Thursday 29 March 2001
Thursday 8 March 2007
Thursday 31 October 2013

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She often came in The Clifton Arms in Worthing back in the day so I met her plenty of times. She used to ponce drinks all the time but give her her dues she could throw a decent dart. She used to drink that Gold Label barley wine and I saw her stagger out on more than one occasion. Cheated at dominoes as well ……

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
She often came in The Clifton Arms in Worthing back in the day so I met her plenty of times. She used to ponce drinks all the time but give her her dues she could throw a decent dart. She used to drink that Gold Label barley wine and I saw her stagger out on more than one occasion. Cheated at dominoes as well ……

I think that might have been her Mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here