Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you enjoy last season?

How was last season for you

• Total voters

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Last season was great we played some fantastic football and the progression from two seasons back is simply outstanding, the last three weeks have been disappointing but he ho that's life

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's great to be a contender, to be beating Newcastle, mixing it with Arsenal, 30,000 crowds etc. Totally enjoyed it, bring on 13/14. I can't believe Gus has walked away from a club on a mission, sheer madness.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
My hopes of last season were to make the top 6. We did that, unfortunately it also meant losing to Palace in the playoffs but it was a top 6 finish none the less.. Happy with last season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looking back it was a good season, Yes we had some frustrating times but we also saw some great players in the stripes play some brilliant football that tore other teams apart. It wasn't just the league campaign that was good but Also beating Newcastle and pushing Arsenal all the way in the cup when a certain Mr Ulloa made a brilliant goal scoring debut, Another stand out memory for me was achieving our first 30,000 crowd for absolute years. In fact my son reminded me of the time we were sat at Withdean getting cold and wet and I promised him that one day we'd be watching the Albion play in a decent stadium in front of 30,000 fans, He thought I was cracking up at the time but he finally admitted I was right.
Unfortunately it was a bit of a gut wrenching way to end the season losing in the play off's to our rivals but as we all know there can only be one winner in the play off's and unfortunately for us it had to be that lot, At least it wasn't just us they done a job on so just goes to prove it was their time. At least they didn't have the upper hand on us all season, Who can forget the way we ripped them apart down here in the league! I know David's free kick is the goal that seems to stand out but for me the passing and movement of the third goal is my best memory, By the time Ulloa put the ball in the net the Palace defence had disappeared up their own rear ends.
All I hope now is we get this current mess sorted out very soon and start getting the players in we need to push on again next season.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
With all that's gone on since the last game of the season has it taken the shine or dulled the memory of what to me has been a fantastic season. I did not expect 4th place pre-season although I HOPED for promotion either straight up or through the play offs.

Has the last three weeks soured it for you?

I loved it apart from the very last game of the season and the aftermath but hey ho it wouldn't be us without a bit of drama along the way

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The last 3 weeks has taken the shine of things. We had a fantastic season, playing great football. Can't wait for the season to start again, but we do need the manager situation sorted asap.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As a 28 year old, I can only really remember Brighton as a team from Divisions 2 and 3 (or Leagues 1 and 2 as they are now), with the occasional foray into the Championship/Division 1.

Even 3 years ago I would never have imagined I would see Brighton fighting for a place in the Premier League. This season, for me, has been the best ever.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
A wonderful season with some superb flowing attacking football , some outstanding goals , saves , giant killings along the way made for money well spent throughout the season , cant help think JCF was left on the shelf when he could of added something a little different to to the squad but i hope his time will come this season.

Bridge will leave with thanks from me , as in short i thought he was outstanding all season and could easily slot into any premireship team apart from Stoke obviously .

God knows how many points we could of had if we had been a little more clinical in front of goal but for the season ahead we have the partnership of CMS when fit ,and Len that did not have any time to mature last season.

I trust the chairman that he and others will be doing thier upmost to bring to end the shambles that soured a great season and we will come back fully refreshed and raring to go with a sprinkling of new faces to prp up the squad , im confident we can push on from last season and make that huge step up at last .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb season - clear progression from last season, far better football, think 10th flattered us last year whereas this season just gone we definitely deserved 4th.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yes and no, I think poyet was exposed to having no plan b. That made many games painful to watch, like Charlton home.

However, when we won, we were winning by some fine margins.
5-1
1-3
1-2
3-0
6-1
0-2

These are just off the top of my head. But Poyet lacked the plan B that would have got us some extra points. That's ignoring the goalkeeping fumbles...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes and no, I think poyet was exposed to having no plan b. That made many games painful to watch, like Charlton home.

However, when we won, we were winning by some fine margins.
5-1
1-3
1-2
3-0
6-1
0-2

These are just off the top of my head. But Poyet lacked the plan B that would have got us some extra points. That's ignoring the goalkeeping fumbles...

Absolute tripe. Charlton at home was a good game where we hit the woodwork 3 times. It was nothing whatsoever to do with a plan A or bloody B.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Loved last season. Excited for next season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The best season I've ever witnessed in 24 years of watching the Albion. I genuinely have no idea how anybody could say otherwise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I loved last season. I was hoping to improve on the previous season and we comfortably did that. If we had finished fourth, lost in the semi finals of the play offs to someone else and built from there, it would have been great. However, losing to Palace (then there promotion) followed by what has happened since has soured it a bit and would probably say liked last season rather than loved now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There can only be a few winners so it was a great season, leaving aside the fact that our delusions that we might finally be catching up with Palace have been put to bed for a few more years at least. For me the best moments were in the boring minutes of boring matches such as Peterborough at home. I still look up at that packed, three-tier West Stand and go "Wow!"

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Best in twenty odd years - since Notts County.

Shame it blew up right at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here